What is Tripoli?
Tripoli virus is a brand-new file-encryption ransomware. It doesn’t belong to any already known family of ransomware viruses. Generally criminals spread Tripoli ransowmare by the means of fake installers. Victims often download such sites from various free file sharing services and torrent trackers. Generally the installers are promoted as free or cracked software. Moreover, sometimes criminals install this virus directly by the means of remote access ports and terminals. When Tripoli gets into the system, it modifies the registry folder and then infects system processes. With their help Tripoli encrypts your files. As the result your files get new “.crypted” extensions. At the same time Tripoli drops the ransom note called “HOW_FIX_FILES.htm”. The purpose of this note is to force you to pay for hackers’ decryption service. We recommend you not to do it. In the most cases you will be simply deceived, as there is no reason for criminals to help you. Now you may wonder, what should you do then? We have a solution. Read our detailed guide and learn out how to remove Tripoli ransomware and decrypt “.crypted” files without paying ransoms!
File decryption costs money.
In order to decrypt the files, you need to perform the following steps:
1. You should download and install this browser http://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
2. After installation, run the browser and enter the address: 7v2fgph2jakawhul.onion
3. Follow the instructions on the web-site. We remind you that the sooner you do, the more chances are left to recover the files.
Guaranteed recovery is provided within 10 days.
You should enter the personal code on the tor site.
Your Personal CODE:
- How to remove Tripoli ransomware from your computer
- Automatically remove Tripoli ransomware
- Manually remove Tripoli ransomware
- How to decrypt .crypted files
- Automatically decrypt .crypted files
- Manually decrypt .crypted files
- How to prevent ransomware attacks
- Remove Tripoli ransomware and decrypt .crypted files with our help
How to remove Tripoli ransomware from your computer?
Every day ransomware viruses change as well as their folders, executable files and the processes, which they use. For this reason it’s difficult to detect the virus yourself. That’s why we’ve prepared the detailed guide for you on how to remove Tripoli ransomware from your computer!
Automatically remove Tripoli ransomware
We strongly recommend you to use automated solution, as it can scan all the hard drive, ongoing processes and registry keys. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong installation and will definitely remove Tripoli ransomware from your computer with all of its leftovers and register files. Moreover, it will protect your computer from future attacks.
Our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like Tripoli virus, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and malicious registry keys. Moreover, it has a great variety of other features, like protection from specific ransomware attacks, safe box for your passwords and many other things!
Manually remove Tripoli ransomware
This way is not recommended, as it requires strong skills. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. We also warn you that you can damage your operating system or data. However, it can be a suitable solution for you.
- Open the “Task Manager”
- Right click on the “Name” column, add the “Command line”
- Find a strange process, the folder of which probably is not suitable for it
- Go To the process folder and remove all files
- Go to the Registry and remove all keys related to the process
- Go to the AppData folder and remove all strange folders, that you can find
How to decrypt .crypted files?
Once you’ve removed the virus, you are probably thinking how to decrypt “.crypted” files or at least restore them. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Restore .crypted files with Stellar Data Recovery
If you decided to recover your files, we strongly advise you to use only high-quality software, otherwise your data can be corrupted. Our choice is Stellar Data Recovery. This software has proven to be very appreciated by customers, who have faced ransomware problems!
- Download and install Stellar Data Recovery
- Select drives and folders with your files, then click Scan.
- Choose all the files in a folder, then press on Restore button.
- Manage export location.
The services we’ve mentioned in this part also guarantee users, that the encrypted data is unlikely to become damaged. But you should understand, that there is still a risk to corrupt your files.
Decrypt .crypted files with Emsisoft decryptor
Decrypt .crypted files with Kaspersky decryptors
Decrypt .crypted files with Dr. Web decryptors
Decrypt .crypted files manually
If above mentioned solutions didn’t help to decrypt .crypted files, still, there is no need to invest in the malicious scheme by paying a ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore .crypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore .crypted files with System Restore
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How to prevent ransomware attacks?
If you have successfully removed Tripoli ransomware, you know probably think about the ways how to protect your data from future attacks. The best way is to create backups of your data. We recommend you to use only high-quality products. Our choice here is Stellar Data Recovery. This soft can easily create highly-qualified backups, has a user friendly interface and moreover, it can help you to restore your files! Then you should take under strict control all your internet connections. Some of the ransomware viruses connect to various internet services and can even infect computers that are connected to the same local network. That’s why it’s important to use a strong firewall, that can easily restrict any connection. The best choice is GlassWire. This program has a user friendly interface and it becomes very easy to prevent any ransomware or hacker attack.
If you want to learn out more details about the ways how to prevent ransomware attacks, read our detailed article!
Write us an email
If your case is an unusual one, feel free to write us an email. Fill the form below and wait for our response! We will answer you as soon as possible. The files we need to inspect your case are: executable files of the virus, if it’s possible; examples of the encrypted files; screenshots of your task manager; ransom note; background screen.
CONCLUSION: nowadays, these solutions are the all possible ways to remove Tripoli ransomware and decrypt “.crypted” files. Nowadays the best way to remove it is the Norton 360 . Their specialists improve the scan system and update the databases every day. It helps not only to remove existing problems, but also protects computers from future attacks. If there is a new way to decrypt your files, we will update the article, so stay tuned.