Keylogger is a malicious program that installs on the PC in order to record every your keystrokes, that you type in messages to your friends, all the passwords and logins of your internet accounts, bank accounts, or credit card numbers. Keyloggers save your personal information, everything that you can enter, using your keyboard, and send it to the third party. Some keyloggers are able to make screenshots of users’ activity in order to trace their internet activity. Some of the keyloggers can be legitimate, they are used as a parental or employer controls in order to know what your children or employees do in the time when you cannot see it. In such cases all the information is send to the e-mails of the parents or employer, who installed this program. But if you did not install any keylogger on your PC and you suspect that someone monitors your internet activity or e-mail correspondence, then you should learn how to detect keylogger and remove it from your computer. In most cases it is better to use automatic keylogger removal tool in order to remove keylogger from your computer.
You can try to use Spyhunter in order to detect and remove keylogger:
*Free scanner and paid antimalware
If you want to perform manual keylogger removal instructions, then you are welcome to follow these items in order to fulfill keystroke logger detection:
- You should trace the behavior of you PC in order to find the common virus symptoms because the keylogger symptoms have much in common with the symptoms of other computer infections. We can refer slow computer performance, new icons on your desktop or in tray, network activity and unexpected pop-ups to these symptoms. Also you can notice that the text that you type can appear with little delay – this is the direct symptom that will help you in keystroke logger detection.
- Open Task Manager in order to end the process of the installed keylogger. You should know that not every keylogger can be found in Task Manager. Many of them hide their traces. But you should still check the possibility to end its process:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, then select Task Manager in the menu.
- Select Processes tab, scroll the list. Find the process that is called winlogon.exe. One process with such a name is a normal thing, but if you have 2 processes with the same name, then you have a keylogger.
- Highlight the second winlogon.exe and click End process (you should end only the second process with such a name)
If there is just one process with such a name, then you should check all other processes, using the special services that contain information about most of the processes to detect the malicious one. You can use Liutilities, Neuber or any other service that you know. If you are an experienced user, then it will be much easier for you to check the processes, because you will not miss the system process with any malicious.
If you end the process that belongs to keylogger, then the program is deactivated till the next reboot and the third party will not get your personal information.
- You should also look through the list of the installed programs. So, click Start menu, then All programs, try to find there the program that you did not install. Uninstall such programs.
- How to detect keylogger? You can also detect this malicious program with the help of Startup list. So, you should follow the instructions:
- Press Windows+R buttons, then type msconfig in the line and press Enter
- Select Startup tab and disable all the unknown programs
- Then restart your computer.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find keylogger on your computer and deactivate it. But you should know that in order to remove keylogger you should use any special keylogger finder or keylogger remover. Only special keylogger removal tools know for sure how to detect keylogger, perform keylogger scan and remove this malicious program.
The most effective method to get rid of a keylogger is to perform the manual keylogger removal instructions and then use any automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it.
You can also use any antivirus program in order to find and get rid of a keylogger, because some antivirus programs have keyloggers in its signature base. But not every antivirus program can substitute a special keylogger remover. If you want to use special program that was created to deactivate keyloggers and remove them, then you can use keylogger removal tool from this page:
Here is a screenshot of this keylogger finder:
Keylogger removal tool – SpyHunter was created by EnigmaSoftware for the users that are not very experienced to remove keylogger manually. If you want this program to do everything for you, then you should download the program, using the link in this article, then install it and perform keylogger scan.
About Author: Material provided by: Alesya Orlova