What is DiscoveryEngine?
DiscoveryEngine is described as a useful software, that help a user to improve the internet surfing performance. Unfortunately, this application makes it much worse. If it’s been installed, the user faces a great amount of advertisements and pop-ups. These messages can be very dangerous, as they can lead to questionable websites, that can possibly distribute malicious software. That’s why we classify DiscoveryEngine as the adware. The main function of DiscoveryEngine is not to show, but to force the user to visit these websites. Unfortunately, sometimes these messages are too tricky or unexpected, so users accidentally click on them. Then website can trick the user once again and force him to install questionable software. Moreover, the most of the adwares have an ability to spy on the user and collect information about him. Then this information – both personal and non-personal – can be shared with the 3rd parties. This software can potentially damage your system and wallet, so we strongly recommend you to remove DiscoveryEngine as soon as possible. And if you wonder how to do it, use our guide!
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Safari
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
How to remove DiscoveryEngine PUA?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation. Download Combo Cleaner anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of “DiscoveryEngine PUA” automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove ‘DiscoveryEngine PUA’: CleanMyMac
How to remove “DiscoveryEngine PUA” manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (This PUA may has a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now press the Go button and then Go to the folder…
- In the search bar type /Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files in this folder
- Choose the Go to the folder… option once again and type /Library/Application Support
- Remove all suspicious files and folders
- Then, with the help of the same menu, go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files from there
- Do the same with /Library/LaunchDaemons folder
- Here you’d better use Combo Cleaner, or CleanMyMac in order to get rid of the root of the problem at all.
- Now you have to clean your browser
How to delete “DiscoveryEngine PUA” from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find “DiscoveryEngine PUA” on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of “DiscoveryEngine PUA” is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the Combocleaner will remove it.