What is Search.maps2go.net?
Search.maps2go.net is a fake search engine, that claims to boost searching speed and provide more accurate search results. In spite of this application is trying to create an impression of a legitimate extension, we should warn you that Search.maps2go.net have no impact on search, it will only interrupt you with ads sponsored by third-parties. Such applications are created to imitate working process and gather your information, so that it can be easily sold to third-party companies. Use these easy instructions to remove Search.maps2go.net from your Mac OS.
As we already mentioned, Search.maps2go.net will collect your personal browsing data. It can monitor your searching queries, browsing story, geolocation, all the keyboard and mouse inputs you make in your web browser. All the stolen information may be shared and misused by third-parties to generate revenue.
How to remove Search.maps2go.net from your computer?
Download this anti-malware application for Mac in order to remove the source of ‘Search.maps2go.net’ pop-ups automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove Search.maps2go.net:
How to remove Search.maps2go.net manually
Step 1: Remove Search.maps2go.net from Control Panel
In order to get rid of Search.maps2go.net, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Search.maps2go.net, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for Search.maps2go.net or Search.maps2go.net Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove Search.maps2go.net from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Search.maps2go.net from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to Search.maps2go.net.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Search.maps2go.net.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Search.maps2go.net.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Search.maps2go.net and remove it on your computer. The most effective method to get rid of Search.maps2go.net is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use any automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it.