What is TechRangeSearch?
TechRangeSearch is a potentially unwanted program affecting browsers on MacOS devices. This malware can appear on your browser without noticing as it easily infiltrates victim’s computers together with other software. The problem is that it’s used to generate advertising revenue without worrying about your safety. Once it gets on the computer, the user starts noticing constant redirects to sponsored pages. In this case, you should be very careful because you can find yourself on a malicious website. Furthermore, it is responsible for numerous pop-ups on your browser greatly reducing browsing experience and performance. Considering this, we urgently advise you to remove TechRangeSearch as soon as possible.
How to remove TechRangeSearch from Mac?
This application is able to detect and remove TechRangeSearch from your computer and clean up your browser. Simple, easy-to-use and helpful.
Or you may use manual removal method:
Step 1: Remove TechRangeSearch from Applications
In order to get rid of TechRangeSearch, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing TechRangeSearch, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall TechRangeSearch or TechRangeSearch Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find a required program, sort programs by date and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use Removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove TechRangeSearch from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove TechRangeSearch from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find TechRangeSearch or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for TechRangeSearch.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select TechRangeSearch.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Eliminate TechRangeSearch by deleting cache
In most cases, deleting the cache can resolve the problem
- Open Finder and select your user/home folder.
- With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options
- When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.
- Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.
Step 4: Remove TechRangeSearch from Profiles
Sometimes malware might have its entries in Group Policy that helps browser hijacker overrides search engine every time you reset browser settings.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Profiles at the bottom of window.
- Choose AdminPrefs profile, click “-“ icon and enter password.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find TechRangeSearch on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of TechRangeSearch is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Combo Cleaner automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.