What is Mac Security Plus?
Mac Security Plus is a Potentially Unwanted Program, that claims to boost your Mac computer’s performance by removing malware with temporary files and optimizing your system. Though it will demand payment after scanning your system in order to “help” you with your system’s issues. However, it’s not true, probably there is nothing wrong with your Mac, that’s why recommend you to refuse to buy the full version of this badware. In this article we’ll explain how to remove Mac Security Plus.
The only and one purpose of such applications is to earn easy money without doing any good to you. Completely opposite, Mac Security Plus will freeze your Mac as it will generate pop-up ads, slow down your computer’s performance and display disturbing messages. Don’t trust Mac Security Plus, its developers just want you to pay them for nothing. That’s why we advise you to remove Mac Security Plus as soon as possible.
How to remove Mac Security Plus from your computer?
Download this anti-malware application for Mac in order to remove Mac Security Plus automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove Mac Security Plus:
How to remove Mac Security Plus manually
Step 1: Remove Mac Security Plus from Applications
In order to get rid of Mac Security Plus, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your Mac computer. When removing Mac Security Plus, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for Mac Security Plus or Mac Security Plus Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove Mac Security Plus from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Mac Security Plus from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to Mac Security Plus.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Mac Security Plus.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Mac Security Plus.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Mac Security Plus on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Mac Security Plus is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Combo Cleaner automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.