What is My-search.site hijacker?
Surely many of you have already struggled the penetration of potentially unwanted programs on your computer. These can be adware, malware, pop-ups, browser hijackers and so on. In this material we will describe in detail the browser hijacker My-search.site, coming to the Mac and Windows computers without the user’s consent. For starters, here’s how this grinder looks like:
Despite the wide functionality offered by the developers, we strongly recommend that you get rid of My-search.site hijacker right now, using our recommendations, which we have indicated below.
How to remove My-search.site from your computer?
Download SpyHunter anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of ‘My-search.site’ hijacker automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove ‘My-search.site’: CleanMyMac
How to remove My-search.site hijacker manually
Step 1: Remove My-search.site hijacker from Applications
In order to get rid of My-search.site hijacker, the first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your Mac computer. When removing My-search.site hijacker, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for My-search.site hijacker Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove My-search.site hijacker from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove My-search.site hijacker from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to My-search.site hijacker.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for My-search.site hijacker.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select My-search.site hijacker.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari…
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find My-search.site hijacker on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of My-search.site hijacker is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use the automatic tool.
Written by Rami Duafi