What is Maps2Go?
Maps2Go is an unwanted browser extension that affects browsers on MacOS devices. This infection generally spreads by means of bundling technique, when the malware itself is hidden inside some other program. Following infiltration, it corrupts browser configuration, sets a new homepage, tab and search provider. The thing is that Maps2Go is used to promote third-party content by displaying countless ads and irrelevant search results. In comparison with other malware, it is not that malicious. Nonetheless, it poses a risk of visiting suspicious websites by clicking on Maps2Go results. The thing is the no one checks the advertising content, which is why there’s a high risk to get infected with other malware. Therefore, we recommend you to remove Maps2Go from Mac as soon as possible to avoid negative consequences.
How to remove Maps2Go from Mac?
This application is able to detect and remove Maps2Go from your computer and clean up your browser. Simple, easy-to-use and helpful.
Or you may use manual removal method:
Step 1: Remove Maps2Go from Applications
In order to get rid of Maps2Go, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Maps2Go, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall Maps2Go or Maps2Go Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find a required program, sort programs by date and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use Removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove Maps2Go from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Maps2Go from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find Maps2Go or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Maps2Go.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Maps2Go.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Eliminate Maps2Go by deleting cache
In most cases, deleting the cache can resolve the problem
- Open Finder and select your user/home folder.
- With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options
- When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.
- Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.
Step 4: Remove Maps2Go from Profiles
Sometimes malware might have its entries in Group Policy that helps browser hijacker overrides search engine every time you reset browser settings.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Profiles at the bottom of window.
- Choose AdminPrefs profile, click “-“ icon and enter password.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Maps2Go on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Maps2Go is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Combo Cleaner automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.