What is Jackpot Ransomware?
Jackpot is ransomware that uses the AES+RSA algorithm to encrypt user data, mainly audio, video, MS Office documents, archives, and much more. Also, it removes shadow copies of files and system restore points, which greatly complicates file recovery. Is it worth noting that this category of data is the most important for most users. Be that as it may, we will note that the main and first-priority action that you need to take is to remove Jackpot Ransomware from your system, and only then proceed to decrypt the data.
Also, the cryptovirus changes the file extension to .coin, after which this extension cannot be corrected to be correct on its own. Moreover, Jackpot Ransomware creates a note payment request.txt (or payment request.html) that contains ransom information:
All your important files are encrypted.
To decrypt your files, pay 1 BTC ~= 6.436 USD to the BitCoin address:
Scammers demand to pay a ransom in the amount of 1-3 bitcoins, however, they mistakenly indicate the rate of this cryptocurrency. This only suggests that the crypto-virus was most likely developed much earlier than the release. However, we strongly discourage you from paying, as there is no guarantee that you will receive the files back, even if you fulfill all the requirements of the scammers. Use our guides to remove Jackpot Ransomware and decrypt .coin files.
- How to remove Jackpot ransomware from your computer
- Automatically remove Jackpot ransomware
- Manually remove Jackpot ransomware
- How to decrypt .Jackpot files
- Automatically decrypt .Jackpot files
- Manually decrypt .Jackpot files
- How to prevent ransomware attacks
- Remove Jackpot ransomware and decrypt .Jackpot files with our help
How to remove Jackpot ransomware from your computer?
Every day ransomware viruses change as well as their folders, executable files and the processes, which they use. For this reason it’s difficult to detect the virus yourself. That’s why we’ve prepared the detailed guide for you on how to remove Jackpot ransomware from your computer!
Automatically remove Jackpot ransomware
We strongly recommend you to use automated solution, as it can scan all the hard drive, ongoing processes and registry keys. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong installation and will definitely remove Jackpot ransomware from your computer with all of its leftovers and register files. Moreover, it will protect your computer from future attacks.
Our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like Jackpot virus, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and malicious registry keys. Moreover, it has a great variety of other features, like protection from specific ransomware attacks, safe box for your passwords and many other things!
Manually remove Jackpot ransomware
This way is not recommended, as it requires strong skills. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. We also warn you that you can damage your operating system or data. However, it can be a suitable solution for you.
- Open the “Task Manager”
- Right click on the “Name” column, add the “Command line”
- Find a strange process, the folder of which probably is not suitable for it
- Go To the process folder and remove all files
- Go to the Registry and remove all keys related to the process
- Go to the AppData folder and remove all strange folders, that you can find
How to decrypt .Jackpot files?
Restore .Jackpot files with Stellar Data Recovery
- Download and install Stellar Data Recovery
- Select drives and folders with your files, then click Scan.
- Choose all the files in a folder, then press on Restore button.
- Manage export location.
The services we’ve mentioned in this part also guarantee users, that the encrypted data is unlikely to become damaged. But you should understand, that there is still a risk to corrupt your files.
Decrypt .Jackpot files with Emsisoft decryptor
Decrypt .Jackpot files with Kaspersky decryptors
Decrypt .Jackpot files with Dr. Web decryptors
Decrypt .Jackpot files manually
If above mentioned solutions didn’t help to decrypt .Jackpot files, still, there is no need to invest in the malicious scheme by paying a ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore .Jackpot files with Windows Previous Versions
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore .Jackpot files with System Restore
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How to prevent ransomware attacks?
If you have successfully removed Jackpot ransomware, you know probably think about the ways how to protect your data from future attacks. The best way is to create backups of your data. We recommend you to use only high-quality products. Our choice here is Stellar Data Recovery. This soft can easily create highly-qualified backups, has a user-friendly interface and moreover, it can help you to restore your files! Then you should take strict control of all your internet connections. Some of the ransomware viruses connect to various internet services and can even infect computers that are connected to the same local network.
CONCLUSION: nowadays, these solutions are all possible ways to remove Jackpot ransomware and decrypt “.Jackpot” files. Nowadays the best way to remove it is the Norton 360 . Their specialists improve the scanning system and update the databases every day. It helps not only to remove existing problems but also protects computers from future attacks. If there is a new way to decrypt your files, we will update the article, so stay tuned.