What is Yousearch.io?
Yousearch.io is a custom search engine that claims to enhance browsing experience by displaying improved search results. In fact, this one does more harm than good and it can’t compare with such giants as Google, Yahoo or Bing. Although, Yousearch.io is not a virus, but this kind of adware can expose your system to risk of various infections. After infiltrating, program alters your homepage and default search engine to Yousearch.io. And you can’t just return previous configuration manually since program reassigns all back. The badware displays corrupted search results that can redirect you to harmful websites filled with all sorts of contagion. Actually, Yousearch.io was developed for only one reason- promoting third party products for which they make a profit. It is therefore not surprising that your system will be bombarded with a lot of pop-ups, deals, coupons, etc.
Moreover, Yousearch.io is continuously spying on your Internet habits. All required data (IP addresses, logins and passwords, search queries, pages visited, and etc.) is collected in order to pick up ads related to your personal preferences. However, nobody can guarantee that such information might fall into the wrong hands. Therefore, Yousearch.io puts at risk not only the system but also the privacy. Given all these, we strongly recommend you remove Yousearch.io as soon as possible to protect your system. The best solution of this problem is to download SpyHunter removal tool – it will completely remove Yousearch.io from your computer, thus free you from all annoying ads in your web browser.
How to remove Yousearch.io from your computer?
The best and easiest way to remove Yousearch.io from your computer is to use special anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. The program is fully automated, all you need to do is to download and install it. Once you’ve installed anti-malware application, it will scan your system and remove all the threats.
Antivirus – it scans your computer and detects various threats like Yousearch.io, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete Yousearch.io and also protect your system from similar viruses in further. Use this removal tool to get rid of Yousearch.io for FREE.
Norton 360 Antimalware – this program will help you to get rid of Yousearch.io. It can find malicious program that is corrupting your system and clean up junk files after removal.
How to remove Yousearch.io manually
Step 1: Remove Yousearch.io from Control Panel
In order to get rid of Yousearch.io, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Yousearch.io, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Select Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Yousearch.io.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Select Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Find Yousearch.io and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Select Search.
- After that choose Apps.
- Next Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Yousearch.io, select it and choose Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, then select Settings at the top.
- Choose App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, find Yousearch.io and select it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for suspicious recently installed programs.
Step 2: Remove Yousearch.io from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Yousearch.io from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Yousearch.io.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Yousearch.io.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons option.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Next select Disable Yousearch.io.
- Choose More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Removing malicious link from your browser shortcuts
Sometimes even removing of malicious program from your computer and web browser can’t help. If you are still facing unknown webpage when you open your web browser, then you might have your browser shortcut changed. It’s pretty common trick that performs most of browser hijackers. They change your browser shortcut so that every time you open it you’ll see not your homepage, but some advertisement webpage. But this issue is quite simple to fix. The instruction stated below matches most of the browsers.
- Right-click on your browser shortcut, choose Properties.
- If you see a link to some website after .exe in the Target field, read on.
- Usually you are not able to delete a link from Target field, that’s why you need to click on the Open File Location button in this window.
- Once you’ve opened file location, select chrome.exe/firefox.exe/iexplore.exe.
- Right-click on this file and choose Sent to option, then Desktop (create shortcut).
- New shortcut will have no additional redirection links.
- Delete old infected shortcut. If you got one in your taskbar, delete it from there too.
- Now you have new and clear shortcut without redirection to unknown websites.
Step 4: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cogwheel in the right upper corner.
- Click Internet options.
- Got to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Put a tick near Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Click Reset button.