What is TechNetSearch?
TechNetSearch, or STechNetSearch, is a malware, that IT security experts categorize as an adware. The only and one purpose of such applications is to earn a profit on the advertisement that is sponsored by third-party companies. TechNetSearch will forcibly redirect you to shady webpages, change your computer’s and browser settings so that it’ll spam your PC. This article will explain you how to remove TechNetSearch from your computer and web browser.
If you see box with advertisement on the top of webpages, pop-up ads, in-text ads then there is no doubt left – your system is infected with the adware. TechNetSearch is tracking your personal data like IP address, browser activity history, searching results and other information concerning your activity in web browser. This data could be shared with third-party companies and misused to generate revenue.
How to remove TechNetSearch automatically?
You may try Combo Cleaner to remove malware from your Mac computer and clean up your browser. It is simple, user-friendly and effective.
How to remove TechNetSearch manually
Step 1: Remove TechNetSearch from Applications
In order to get rid of TechNetSearch, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your Mac computer. When removing TechNetSearch, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for TechNetSearch or TechNetSearch Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove TechNetSearch from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove TechNetSearch from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to TechNetSearch.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for TechNetSearch.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select TechNetSearch.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find TechNetSearch on your Mac computer and remove it.