What is Securingchecknow.casa?
Securingchecknow.casa is a malicious website that looks like a scanner. When you are at this site, the first thing that you see is a pop-up message with the following message: “IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED. We have detected a trojan virus (e.tre456_worm_osx) on your Mac. Press OK to begin the repair process.”. If you close this window, you will see the button “Scan Now“, and if you press it, you will see fake scanning process. Then it will show you the table with the results, that are fake and in the most cases your device isn’t infected. Then the web page will offer you to “Remove Viruses Now” and if you push this button, you will be redirected to the webpage, that will begin the downloading of Mac Heal Pro. Redirection to the Securingchecknow.casa may be caused by a Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA), that in the most cases distributes in bundles. The software, that Securingchecknow.casa advertises belongs to the PUA class too. Moreover, both the application, that causes redirections and Mac Heal Pro may be very dangerous. Such programs can easily be modificated and be used as keylogers, hijackers and trojans. They can easily steal your personal information, install questionable software without your permission and even steal your accounts and passwords! We strongly recommend you to remove Securingchecknow.casa applications as soon as possible, as it can potentially damage your system and wallet. If you wonder how to do it, you may use our guide for free!
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Safari
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
How to remove Securingchecknow.casa redirections?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation. Download Combo Cleaner anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of “Securingchecknow.casa” redirections automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove ‘Securingchecknow.casa PUA’: CleanMyMac
How to remove “Securingchecknow.casa” redirections manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (This PUA may has a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now press the Go button and then Go to the folder…
- In the search bar type /Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files in this folder
- Choose the Go to the folder… option once again and type /Library/Application Support
- Remove all suspicious files and folders
- Then, with the help of the same menu, go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files from there
- Do the same with /Library/LaunchDaemons folder
- Here you’d better use Combo Cleaner, or CleanMyMac in order to get rid of the root of the problem at all.
- Now you have to clean your browser
How to delete “Securingchecknow.casa” from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find “Securingchecknow.casa” PUA on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of “Securingchecknow.casa” is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the Combocleaner will remove it.