What is Prandel?
Prandel is a malicious program that belongs to the ransomware family of viruses, to be exact, STOP (DJVU) class. Such viruses have the same principles of the work: they install on a computer and then begins the searching process. This ransomware is usually aimed at different types of media files and documentation, to cause a damage to valuable files. Usually such kind of an attack occurs unpredictably. After the scanning process, Prandel begins encryption process, and then some of your files become unreadable. Encryption done by this virus is very easy to recognize: this ransomware adds the .prandel affix in the end of the files’ names. Many users try to remove prandel encryption by changing the name of the file, don’t do it! It can break your file at all! If you want to remove Prandel Ransomware from your computer and decrypt .prandel files, you should immediately read our guide!
- How to remove Prandel Ransomware from your computer
- How to remove Prandel Ransomware encryption from your files
- Data Recovery
- Automated decryption tools
- Windows Previous Versions
How to remove Prandel Ransomware from your computer?
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong installation, and will remove Prandel from your computer with all of its leftovers and register files.
Solution for Windows user: our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like Prandel, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys.
If you are Mac user, we advise you to use Combo Cleaner.
How to remove Prandel Ransomware encryption from your files?
Once you’ve removed the virus, you are probably thinking of recovering files from encryption. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Recover data with Data Recovery
- Download and install Data Recovery
- Select drives and folders with your files, then click Scan.
- Choose all the files in a folder, then press on Restore button.
- Manage export location.
Restore data with automated decryption tools
Unfortunately, due to the novelty of Prandel ransomware, there are no available automatic decryptors for this encryptor yet. Still, there is no need to invest in the malicious scheme by paying a ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore data with Windows Previous Versions
This feature is working on Windows Vista (not Home version), Windows 7 and later versions. Windows keeps copies of files and folders which you can use to restore data on your computer. In order to restore data from Windows Backup, take the following steps:
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore the system with System Restore
You can always try to use System Restore in order to roll back your system to its condition before infection infiltration. All the Windows versions include this option.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.