What is Initdex.com?
If www.initdex.com started opening instead of your default search engine all of a sudden, you probably have a browser hijacker installed on your computer. Malware like this usually comes bundled with some freeware and is installed automatically without the user noticing. Actually, Initdex.com is a fake search provider that provides irrelevant search results to make user visit partnered sites. Furthermore, it causes redirects to ad sites as well as displays annoying advertisements on every page user visits. You may follow this guide to get rid of browser hijacker and remove Initdex.com from your Mac.
How to remove Initdex.com from Mac?
This application is able to detect and remove Initdex.com from your computer and clean up your browser. Simple, easy-to-use and helpful.
Or you may use manual removal method:
Step 1: Remove Initdex.com from Applications
In order to get rid of Initdex.com, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Initdex.com, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall Initdex.com or Initdex.com Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find a required program, sort programs by date and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use Removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove Initdex.com from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Initdex.com from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find Initdex.com or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Initdex.com.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Initdex.com.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Eliminate Initdex.com by deleting cache
In most cases, deleting the cache can resolve the problem
- Open Finder and select your user/home folder.
- With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options
- When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.
- Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.
Step 4: Remove Initdex.com from Profiles
Sometimes malware might have its entries in Group Policy that helps browser hijacker overrides search engine every time you reset browser settings.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Profiles at the bottom of window.
- Choose AdminPrefs profile, click “-“ icon and enter password.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Initdex.com on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Initdex.com is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Combo Cleaner automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.