What is Hidemysearches.com
Hidemysearches.com belongs to the hijacker family of viruses. These malicious programs changes browser settings and sometimes collects user’s personal information. Programs in this category install on devices accidentally, as the most of the users don’t install software attentively, at the same time the most popular mode of distribution of these programs is bundling.There is no a definite aim for attack, the only purpose of such programs are advertisements and collecting of information. Moreover this software can weaken a protection of your device. As for Hidemysearches.com this hijacker changes your homepage to hidemysearches.com, changes your preferable search engine and has ability to modify the new tab option. That’s why we advise you to remove Hidemysearches.com hijacker as soon as possible.
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Automatic solutions for Windows
- Manual solution for Internet Explorer
- Manual solution for Microsoft Edge
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Safari
How to remove Hidemysearches.com hijacker?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
If after the infection with Hidemysearches.com hijacker your device begins to show you annoying pop-ups, you should download Adguard, as sometimes a work with such a problem is difficult and sometimes even unreal! That’s why we strongly recommend you to use our automatic solution that has proved its effectiveness. If you want to get rid of annoying pop-ups, use AdGuard! Adguard is a perfect application that will stop annoying ads, online tracking and will provide reliable protection from malware. The main advantage of Adguard is that you can easily block any types of ads whether legitimate they or not within your browser. Use it for FREE.
Download SpyHunter anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of Hidemysearches.com automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove ‘Top Results App’: CleanMyMac
Automatic solutions for Windows users
Sometimes it’s difficult to find and identify such programs as Hidemysearches.com in order to remove it. That is why we strongly advise you to use an automatic decision that proved it’s searching and protective abilities. Use SpyHunter anti-scam tool to remove Hidemysearches.com software from your computer. Newly advanced scam programs detection technology is able to run an instant malware scan, which is perfect to protect your computer in case of a new infection.
How to remove Hidemysearches.com manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Windows button and then go to the settings menu.
- After it go to the apps menu.
- In the left side of the menu choose the sub-menu Apps & features.
- Now remote all suspicious programs (Hidemysearches.com may has a different name).
- Then you have to clean your browser.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (Hidemysearches.com may has a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now you have to clean your browser
How to delete Hidemysearches.com from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Open your browser and press the Gear button in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Here you should select Manage add-ons.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and remove it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and press the Gear button again.
- Choose the Internet Options button. Stay in General tab.
- In the Homepage sections remove malicious URL and enter URL that you want.
- Now close the menu press the Gear button again.
- Here select the Internet options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Press the Reset button, select Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button in this menu
- Launch your browser and press More button (it consists of three dots at the upper right side of the browser).
- Now press Settings button and then Choose what to clear button.
- Choose everything and then press Clear (careful: you will delete all your data from the browser).
- Then you should right-click on the Windows button and select Task Manager.
- Look for Microsoft Edge process and then right-click on it and choose Go to details option.
- If there is no Go to details option you have to click More details and return to previous steps.
- Now search for processes called Microsoft Edge, right-click on them and choose End task option
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find Hidemysearches.com hijacker on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Hidemysearches.com is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the SpyHunter will remove it.