What is ConvertDocsOnline?
ConvertDocsOnline by MyWay (“Enhanced by Google”) is an unwanted browser extension that will change your new tab page and homepage right after installing. This infection is called “browser hijacker”. Browser hijacker is a type of malware used for advertising purposes and link promotion. The thing is it generates irrelevant search results on purpose to get users to visit sponsored pages. Other symptoms include the appearance of intrusive pop-up ads, slowness of the system, redirecting links, random websites opening and even spying on you, all of these are caused by ConvertDocsOnline browser hijacker. That’s why we strongly advise you to remove ConvertDocsOnline.
How to remove ConvertDocsOnline from Mac?
This application is able to detect and remove ConvertDocsOnline from your computer and clean up your browser. Simple, easy-to-use and helpful.
Or you may use manual removal method:
Step 1: Remove ConvertDocsOnline from Applications
In order to get rid of ConvertDocsOnline, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing ConvertDocsOnline, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall ConvertDocsOnline or ConvertDocsOnline Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find a required program, sort programs by date and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use Removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove ConvertDocsOnline from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove ConvertDocsOnline from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find ConvertDocsOnline or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for ConvertDocsOnline.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select ConvertDocsOnline.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Eliminate ConvertDocsOnline by deleting cache
In most cases, deleting the cache can resolve the problem
- Open Finder and select your user/home folder.
- With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options
- When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.
- Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.
Step 4: Remove ConvertDocsOnline from Profiles
Sometimes malware might have its entries in Group Policy that helps browser hijacker overrides search engine every time you reset browser settings.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Profiles at the bottom of window.
- Choose AdminPrefs profile, click “-“ icon and enter password.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find ConvertDocsOnline on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of ConvertDocsOnline is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Combo Cleaner automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.