What is Bigsrch.xyz hijacker?
Bigsrch.xyz belongs to hijackers, as it changes your browser settings. It’s necessary to remove Bigsrch.xyz as soon as possible, as this hijacker can steal your personal information and damage your browser. When your device is infected, your homepage and search engine changes to Bigsrch.xyz. From the first look it looks like a normal search engine like google, yahoo and etc., however, the aim of such malicious web-sites is to steal your information and provide you with dangerous advertisements. Usually hijackers infect devices by direct installing, whether you know it or not. Now, as far as Bigsrch.xyz is concerned, this hijacker spreads by bundling. The most of the users don’t install software attentively and that’s why they usually agree to install malicious programs. It’s uneasy to uninstall Bigsrch.xyz properly, that’s why we provide you with a detailed guide.
- Use Automatic Solution
- Manual solution for Windows
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Internet Explorer
- Manual solution for Microsoft Edge
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
How to remove Bigsrch.xyz from your PC?
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation.
Solution for Windows user: You may try to use anti-malware tool to remove Bigsrch.xyz from your computer with all of its leftovers and register files.
How to remove Bigsrch.xyz manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
Remove Bigsrch.xyz from Windows
- Press Windows button and go to the settings
- Go to the Apps menu and then press Apps & features
- Scroll the menu down and look for Bigsrch.xyz or other suspicious program
- Press on it and then press uninstall button
- Follow the wizard and reboot your PC
Remove extension of this program from Google Chrome
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
Remove extension of this program from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press the Gear button in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Here you should select Manage add-ons.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and remove it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and press the Gear button again.
- Choose the Internet Options button. Stay in General tab.
- In the Homepage sections remove malicious URL and enter URL that you want.
- Now close the menu press the Gear button again.
- Here select the Internet options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Press the Reset button, select Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button in this menu
Remove extension of this program from Microsoft Edge
- Launch your browser and press More button (it consists of three dots at the upper right side of the browser).
- Now press Settings button and then Choose what to clear button.
- Choose everything and then press Clear (careful: you will delete all your data from the browser).
- Then you should right-click on the Windows button and select Task Manager.
- Look for Microsoft Edge process and then right-click on it and choose Go to details option.
- If there is no Go to details option you have to click More details and return to previous steps.
- Now search for processes called Microsoft Edge, right-click on them and choose End task option
Remove extension of this program from Mozila Firefox
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find Bigsrch.xyz hijacker on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Bigsrch.xyz is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the SpyHunter will remove it.