What is msvcr110.dll
Lately, some users have been complaining about msvcr110.dll missing error in Windows 10. It occurs when the computer is started and when the certain programs are launched. Actually, msvcp110.dll is a part of Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2012 program developed by Microsoft Corporation. There is pop-up message stating: “The program can’t start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” It’s fairly irritating because the program refuses to start.
There can be several causes of the problem:
- Msvcr110.dll was deleted when another program was removed from your PC;
- Msvcr110.dll file was accidentally deleted by another PC user or software;
- The registry entries of msvcr110.dll are corrupted;
- There is a problem with a hardware;
- Malware infection has corrupted msvcr110.dll
How to fix msvcr110.dll error
We want to make it clear that performing this step might require advanced computer skills. The simplest way of dealing with the problem would be to use special tool. One of the best is PC Health Advisor. It is fully automated, all you need to do is to download and install PC Health Advisor. Once you’ve installed this computer optimizer, it will:
- Scan your computer for Errors and Issues. PC Health Advisor has wide range of solutions to most of the system problems, including Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error in Windows 10;
- Examine the results, so that you can choose what issues PC Health Advisor need to fix;
- Fix system problems, like msvcr110.dll error in Windows 10;
- Remove malware;
- Optimize your PC’s memory by smart defragmenting;
- Clean your computer from unwanted processes;
- Creates restore points;
- Boost your computer’s performance and startup times.
The easiest way to fix the msvcr110.dll error is to use special computer optimizer Advanced System Repair. It will scan your computer for system errors and issues. Advanced System Repair has a wide range of solutions to most of the system problems, including msvcr110.dll error. Install it and run the scan, then watch it fixing your system’s issues.
In order to fix msvcr110.dll error manually, you should perform one of these troubleshooting methods:
Method 1: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio from the Official Microsoft website. Therefore, new msvcp110.dll file will replaced the old corrupted file.
Method 2: Reinstall the program which is not launched
Try to reinstall the certain program that’s causing the msvcr110.dll error. If the msvcr110.dll missing error appears when you launch a particular program, reinstalling that program might help.
Method 3: Fix the msvcr110.dll error using Microsoft Register Server
- Click the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box
- Press CTRL-Shift key combination and press ENTER.
- Click Yes in the next dialog box
- Type command: regsvr32 /u msvcr110.dll.
- Press ENTER to unregister msvcr110.dll.
- Type command: regsvr32 /i msvcr110.dll.
- Press ENTER to register msvcr110.dll again.
- Close the window.
Method 4: Fix the msvcr110.dll error using System Restore
- Click the Start button on the left-bottom corner.
- Select the search box and type: System Restore. Then press ENTER.
- Choose a required restore point.
- Restore your computer.
Method 5: Fix the msvcr110.dll error using Windows System File Checker
To run System File Checker:
- Click the Start button on left-bottom corner.
- Type “command” in the search box…
- Press CTRL+Shift simultaneously and then press ENTER.
- Click Yes in the opened dialog box
- Type “sfc /scannow” and press ENTER.
- System File Checker will start scanning for any system file errors
Method 6: Check and install updates for Windows
To check for Windows Updates (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Click the Start button.
- In the search box, type “update” and press ENTER.
- The Windows Update dialog box will appear.
- Click the Install Updates button if updates are available.