What is VulkanRT?
VulkanRT is a malicious application that may be downloaded without your participation. It is a browser hijacker that will spoil your browsing experience by displaying annoying pop-up ads and corrupting searching results, that’s why you need to remove VulkanRT. This hijacker usually comes with some free software as the additional application. At times the additional programs are harmful or simply undesirable.
VulkanRT will modify your search engine and homepage as well as spoil your search results with redirection to shady websites where you can get your computer infected with some other malware. VulkanRT is able to change shortcuts on your desktop, so that every time you try to open browser and click on its shortcut, you’ll open VulkanRT homepage. This malicious application surely will corrupt your browser’s work.
It’s quite difficult to search for any information you need as VulkanRT keeps disturbing your online searches. Huge amount of ads, constant redirects to potentially harmful domains – all these problems are caused by this malicious application, that’s why you need to remove VulkanRT. The best solution of this problem is to download SpyHunter removal tool – it will completely remove VulkanRT from your computer, thus free you from all the difficulties.
How VulkanRT infects your PC?
The most usual way of getting VulkanRT on your computer is so called bundling method. Bundling method – this method is the most common in malware distribution. Developers of such harmful application enclose it with some free software applications. The user downloads the program and install it, but the malicious program is also getting into your system.
When installing something you’ve just downloaded from the internet, be very careful, check license agreement properly. Always choose Custom or Advances installation type, as it can prevent you from having malware on your computer. Make it a rule to read the terms and conditions during the installation of any program you’ve downloaded from the internet.
How to remove VulkanRT from your computer?
The best and easiest way to remove VulkanRT from your computer is to use special anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. The program is fully automated, all you need to do is to download and install it. Once you’ve installed anti-malware application, it will scan your system and remove all the threats.
SpyHunter – it scans your computer and detects various threats like VulkanRT, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete VulkanRT. Use this removal tool to get rid of VulkanRT for FREE.
Norton 360 Antimalware – this program will help you to get rid of VulkanRT. It can find malicious program that is corrupting your system and clean up junk files after removal.
How to remove VulkanRT manually
Step 1: Remove VulkanRT from Control Panel
In order to get rid of VulkanRT, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing VulkanRT, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Select Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for VulkanRT.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Select Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Find VulkanRT and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Select Search.
- After that choose Apps.
- Next Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find VulkanRT, select it and choose Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, then select Settings at the top.
- Choose App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, find VulkanRT and select it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use SpyHunter free scanner in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove VulkanRT from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove VulkanRT from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for VulkanRT.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select VulkanRT.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons option.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Next select Disable VulkanRT.
- Choose More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Removing malicious link from your browser shortcuts
Sometimes even removing of malicious program from your computer and web browser can’t help. If you are still facing unknown webpage when you open your web browser, then you might have your browser shortcut changed. It’s pretty common trick that perform most of browser hijackers. They change your browser shortcut so that every time you open it you’ll see not your homepage, but some advertisement webpage. But this issue is quite simple to fix. The instruction stated below matches most of the browsers.
- Right-click on your browser shortcut, choose Properties.
- If you see a link to some website after .exe in the Target field, read on.
- Usually you are not able to delete a link from Target field, that’s why you need to click on the Open File Location button in this window.
- Once you’ve opened file location, select chrome.exe/firefox.exe/iexplore.exe.
- Right-click on this file and choose Sent to option, then Desktop (create shortcut).
- New shortcut will have no additional redirection links.
- Delete old infected shortcut. If you got one in your taskbar, delete it from there too.
- Now you have new and clear shortcut without redirection to unknown websites.
Step 4: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser and use SpyHunter removal tool. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cogwheel in the right upper corner.
- Click Internet options.
- Got to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Put a tick near Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Click Reset button.
Step 5: Remove following files and folders of VulkanRT:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files:
Remove following folders