What is Globe?
Globe is ransomware-type virus developed in honor of the popular Purge movies. After infiltration, Globe starts scanning and encrypting files, then it changes extension of infected files by adding .globe or .purge. Attackers leave the essential instruction in form of file “How to restore your files.hta” which you will find in each folder with the encrypted data. The desktop wallpaper is also changed to “Purge: Election Year” film’s theme.
The ransom note reads as follows:
“You personal ID
Your files have been encrypted with a powerfull strain of a virus called ransomware.
Your files are encrypted using rsa encryption, the same standard used by the military and banks.
It is currently impossible to decrypt files encrypted with rsa encryption..
Lucky for you, wecan help. We are wiling to sell you a decryptor UNIQUELY made for your computer (meaning someone else’s decryptor will not work for you).
Once you pay a small fee, we will instantly send you the software/info neccessary to decrypt all your files, quickly and easilly.
In order to get in touch with us email us at email@example.com. In your email write your personal ID (its located at the up of the page, it is a string of random characters). Once we receive your personal ID, we will send you payment instructions.
As proff we can decrypt you file we may decrypt 1 small file for test.
If you dont get answer from firstname.lastname@example.org in 10 hours
Register here: http://bitmsg.me (online sending message service Bitmessage)
Write to adress BM-2cUrKsazEKiamN9cZ17xQq9c5JpRpokca5 with you email and personal ID
When you payment will bee confirmed, You will get decrypter of files on you computer. After you run decrypter software all you files will be decryped and restored.”
Cybercriminals blackmail users demanding money to restore their files. Nonetheless, practice shows that even submitted payment is not a guarantee of solution to the problem. That’s why you shouldn’t believe mendacious promises of fraudsters. From this article you will know how to remove Globe ransomware and decrypt .globe and .purge files for free.
How Globe infects your PC?
Globe ransomware is distributed primarily through the fraudulent email messages. For example, it might be bill from tax company or online store like Amazon. The virus itself is hided within an attachment. Therefore, be very wary when opening files downloaded from suspicious emails or untrusted sources. Do not rush in these moments since you can compromise your system. The malware is also distributed through fake software updates, torrent (P2P) networks, and trojans as well.
To prevent suсh kinds of the threats as Globe ransomware in the future follow these tips:
- Adjust your email anti-spam settings to filter out all the potentially unsafe incoming messages.
- Make sure, the attachments with the following extensions: .js, .vbs, .docm, .hta, .exe, .cmd, .scr, and .bat. place in the black list
- Rename the vssadmin.exe process to protect Shadow Volume Copies of your files from removal.
- Raise the level of protection of your Firewall. It can prevent ransomware from connecting with its server.
- Do not forget to backup your files regularly. This will facilitate process of decrypting files in case of infection.
- Install antimalware tool because it can detect ransomware in advance and remove the malware before the infection.
How to remove Globe from your computer?
The best and easiest way to remove Globe from your computer is to use special anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. As stated above, you need proper and reliable anti-malware program, that’s why we recommend you to use SpyHunter.
Antivirus – it scans your computer and detects various threats like Globe, then completely removes it. One of the best features of this program – large threat’s database. SpyHunter’s newly advanced ransomware detection technology is able to run an instant ransomware scan and show you a message about detection. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete Globe. Use this removal tool to get rid of Globe for FREE.
How to decrypt .globe and .purge files encrypted by Globe?
Once you’ve removed virus, you are probably thinking of recovering files from encryption. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Recover data with Data Recovery
- Download and install Data Recovery
- Select drives and folders with your files, then click Scan.
- Choose all the files in a folder, then press on Restore button.
- Manage export location.
Decrypt .globe and .purge files manually
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore data with Windows Previous Versions
This feature is working on Windows Vista (not Home version), Windows 7 and later versions. Windows saves copies of files and folders which you can use to restore data on your computer. In order to restore data from Windows Backup, take following steps:
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore the system with System Restore
You can always try to use System Restore in order to roll back your system to its condition before infection infiltration. All the Windows versions include this option.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.