What is Apple Support Center Scam?
Apple Support Center Scam is a malware, that will redirect browsers to this address – techmac-os.com – then display following error “Apple Support Center – Attention!!!” to trick users. This malicious program is targeting only Mac OS users. It’s created to make people think that their computer has crashed or that there is a real virus has been detected. We assure you, that there is nothing wrong with your computer, it’s a blind threat to make you pay them. In this article you may learn how to remove Apple Support Center Scam.
The main purpose of such malware is to scare people and force them to call on one of the listed numbers to get support. But in reality, they are just selling unneeded services and support contracts. That’s why we advise not to call their support center as it will cost you solid sum of money. Keep ignoring this pop-ups till you remove this virus from your Mac computer. The malware will display these kind of texts:
For Support Call +1-888-676-5222 (Toll Free)
Communities Contact Support
Apple Support Center-Attention!!!
Apple Warning Alert !! Apple cloud scan has detected critical vulnerabilities in your device. And only Apple-certified repairs that are backed by Apple can resolve the issue. Start your repair request now by calling +1-888-676-5222 .
Critical Warning Alert !! Apple Device Infected
Error Code: 268D3 System ID: ix12002
Status: Call for immediate support+1-888-676-5222
Malicious Pornographic Spyware/Riskware/Ransomware Detected
Do not ignore this critical alert.
If you close this page, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.
Where to get a repair
Whichever option you choose, you’ll get your product back working exactly the way it should.
Call Apple Repair Center
Start online or give us a call and we’ll arrange shipment for your product to an Apple Repair Center — all on your schedule and without an appointment. This service is available for most Apple products.
Call and then Visit an Apple Authorized Service Provider
We created our network of Apple Authorized Service Providers to give you a great selection of nearby locations for Apple-certified repairs. All repairs are done by technicians we train so that you’ll receive the same quality of service you get from Apple.
Call with a Genius at an Apple Store
You can do more than shop and learn in an Apple Retail Store. Make a reservation with a Genius to get help with a hardware repair. Our team will take great care of your product and make sure you get the help you need.
Get a repair
Tell us a little about what’s going on and we’ll help you get the repair you need.
Start a repair request
More ways to shop: Visit an Apple Store, call +1-888-676-5222, or find a reseller.
How Apple Support Center Scam infects your PC?
There are three most common ways of getting Apple Support Center Scam on your Mac computer:
- Bundling method: this method is the most common in malware distribution. Cyber criminals put in the malware to some free software applications. The user downloads this program and install it, but the malicious program also getting into your computer.
- Be careful, malware applications can be attached to spam emails.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious websites, they can infect your Mac PC with Apple Support Center Scam.
How to remove Apple Support Center Scam from your computer?
This application is able to remove all the files and folders of Apple Support Center Scam from your Mac computer. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
How to remove Apple Support Center Scam manually
Step 1: Remove Apple Support Center Scam from Applications
In order to get rid of Apple Support Center Scam, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your Mac computer. When removing Apple Support Center Scam, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for Apple Support Center Scam or Apple Support Center Scam Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove Apple Support Center Scam from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Apple Support Center Scam from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to Apple Support Center Scam.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Apple Support Center Scam.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Apple Support Center Scam.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons option.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Next select Disable Apple Support Center Scam.
- Choose More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cogwheel in the right upper corner.
- Click Internet options.
- Got to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Put a tick near Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Click Reset button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Apple Support Center Scam on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Apple Support Center Scam is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use CleanMyMac automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.