What is Windows/Internet Security Alert scam?
Such a problem as Fake Alerts is a scam and it requires immediate help. Many users are try to find information on how to remove Windows/Internet Security Alert. This type of scam is trying to trick a user and get remote access to his personal information. Scammers always try to make a user download and install a remote desktop software allegedly to delete Windows/Internet Security Alert. This scam more prevalent among English-speaking countries such as the United States of America. When your PC is infected by Windows/Internet Security Alert scam your browser always redirect you to a malicious website. This problem is characterized by a typical message:
** YOUR COMPUTER WAS LOCKED**
Error #(code number)
Call Microsoft Technical Support at: (phone number)
Do Not Ignore This Important Warning
If you close this page without resolving the issue, access to your computer will
be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.
Your computer has alerted us that it was infected with virus and spyware.
the following data is at risk:
2.Credit Card information
4.Browsing History and Data
You must contact us immediately so our engineers can guide you through
the recovery process by phone. Please call us within the next 5 minutes to
prevent complete loss of your computer.
Contact Microsoft Engineer: (phone number)
Never call at this number! Hackers want to get your money too. Stay strong, be brave and read this article. Here is a guide that will help you.
- Use Automatic Solution
- Manual solution for Windows
- Manual solution for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Internet Explorer
- Manual solution for Microsoft Edge
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Safari
How to remove this scam program?
Sometimes it’s difficult to find and identify such scam programms as Windows/Internet Security Alert in order to remove it. That is why we strongly advise you to use an automatic decision that proved it’s searching and protective abilities. Use SpyHunter anti-scam tool to remove Windows/Internet Security Alert scam from your computer. Newly advanced scam programs detection technology is able to run an instant scam scan, which is perfect to protect your computer in case of a new infection.
How to remove this scam program manually?
This tricky scam program hides itself everywhere. But we know the solution. Remember, that you do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. Especially in cases of losing your data and personal information.
How to remove Windows/Internet Security Alert scam from Windows/Mac OS?
Windows/Internet Security Alert can hide under the name of the other program. Be attentive, otherwise, there is a chance to delete something useful.
- Press the Windows button and then go to the settings menu.
- After it go to the apps menu.
- In the left side of the menu choose the sub-menu Apps & features.
- Now remote all suspicious programmes (Windows/Internet Security Alert scam may has a different name).
- Then you have to clean your browser.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (Windows/Internet Security Alert scam may has a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now you have to clean your browser
How to delete this scam program from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the scam. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Open your browser and press the Gear button in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Here you should select Manage add-ons.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and remove it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and press the Gear button again.
- Choose the Internet Options button. Stay in General tab.
- In the Homepage sections remove malicious URL and enter URL that you want.
- Now close the menu press the Gear button again.
- Here select the Internet options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Press the Reset button, select Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button in this menu
- Launch your browser and press More button (it consists of three dots at the upper right side of the browser).
- Now press Settings button and then Choose what to clear button.
- Choose everything and then press Clear (careful: you will delete all your data from the browser).
- Then you should right-click on the Windows button and select Task Manager.
- Look for Microsoft Edge process and then right-click on it and choose Go to details option.
- If there is no Go to details option you have to click More details and return to previous steps.
- Now search for processes called Microsoft Edge, right-click on them and choose End task option
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find Windows/Internet Security Alert scam program on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Windows/Internet Security Alert is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the SpyHunter will remove it.