What is Searchitnow.info?
Searchitnow.info is rogue search engine that is deceptively installed with other freeware. It corrupts browser configuration and redirects your search engine/homepage to http://www.searchitnow.info/ that is used for advertising. A browser hijacker can trick you into visiting unwanted sites or downloading questionable software by providing altered search results. Another unpleasant feature of Searchitnow.info is a tracing user’s personal data. It can gather and record frequently visited pages, search queries, clicked ads, e.t.c. Subsequently, these data might be misused by cybercriminals. That’s why you should remove Search.stuckopoe.com from Mac OS as soon as possible.
How to remove Searchitnow.info from your computer?
The best and easiest way to remove Searchitnow.info from your computer is to use powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database
Combo Cleaner – can find malicious program that is corrupting your system and clean up junk files after removal.
How to remove Searchitnow.info manually
Step 1: Remove Searchitnow.info from Applications
In order to get rid of Searchitnow.info, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Searchitnow.info, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall Searchitnow.info or Searchitnow.info Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find a required program, sort programs by date and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use Removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove Searchitnow.info from Profiles
Sometimes malware might have its entries in Group Policy that helps browser hijacker overrides search engine every time you reset browser settings.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Profiles at the bottom of window.
- Choose AdminPrefs profile, click “-“ icon and enter password.
Step 3: Remove Searchitnow.info from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Searchitnow.info from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find Searchitnow.info or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Searchitnow.info.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Searchitnow.info.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
How to block malicious pop-ups in browsers