What is Search.dolanbaross.com?
Search.dolanbaross.com may appear in a browser without user’s consent. It will forcibly replace the original homepage and search engine, that is the main reason why Weknow extension is considered as a malware (malicious software). The developers of this app are using shady methods of distribution, like bundling. Use this simple guide to remove Search.dolanbaross.com from your Mac.
Though this extension is trying to create an impression of a sound Internet search engine, you should know that it will get your browser configurations modified and spoil your browsing experience with constant redirection and ads sponsored by third-party. Another malicious feature of Search.dolanbaross.com is personal information tracking. It can monitor your searching queries, browsing story, geolocation, all the keyboard and mouse inputs you make in your web browser. All the stolen information may be shared and misused by third-parties to generate revenue.
How to remove Search.dolanbaross.com from your computer?
Download this anti-malware application for Mac in order to remove Search.dolanbaross.com automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove Search.dolanbaross.com:
How to remove Search.dolanbaross.com manually
Step 1: Remove Search.dolanbaross.com from Control Panel
In order to get rid of Search.dolanbaross.com, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Search.dolanbaross.com, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for Search.dolanbaross.com or Search.dolanbaross.com Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove Search.dolanbaross.com from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Search.dolanbaross.com from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to Search.dolanbaross.com.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Search.dolanbaross.com.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Search.dolanbaross.com.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Search.dolanbaross.com and remove it on your computer. The most effective method to get rid of Search.dolanbaross.com is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use any automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it.