What is search.becovi.com?
Search.becovi.com is represented as the website, that helps to improve internet surfing experience by the means of a unique search engine. As the rule people visit this website because of the redirections provided by an application and changed browser settings. This happens, as the rule, because of the installation of a bundle – a pack consists of a number of software installators. The terms of installations of such packages are usually unclear, and people allow to install various malicious software themselves. When such application is installed, it immediately changes the settings of the browsers and forces victims to visit and use promoted web-services. By the means of the app and web-service the developers of search.becovi.com collect all possible information about victims and then share it with various 3rd party companies. Then on the basis of your preferences search.becovi.com begins to show them various advertisements and modifies the searching results in order to make victims visit promoted websites. As the rule, such websites offer to download or even buy questionable and even dangerous software. All above mentioned statements characterize search.becovi.com as a browser hijacker. If you are tired of annoying ads and modified searching results, read our guide on how to remove search.becovi.com from Mac! We should mention the fact, that there is a great risk, that your OS is infected with more malwares, than just Search.becovi.com, so it’s better to scan your device with a strong anti-malware protection.
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Safari
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
How to remove CentralLocator PUA?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation. Download Combo Cleaner anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of “search.becovi.com” redirections automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
How to remove search.becovi.com hijacker manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (This hijacker may have a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now press the Go button and then Go to the folder…
- In the search bar type /Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files in this folder
- Choose the Go to the folder… option once again and type /Library/Application Support
- Remove all suspicious files and folders
- Then, with the help of the same menu, go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files from there
- Do the same with /Library/LaunchDaemons folder
- Here you’d better use Combo Cleaner, or CleanMyMac in order to get rid of the root of the problem at all.
- Now you have to clean your browser
How to remove search.becovi.com hijacker from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find “search.becovi.com” redirections on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of “search.becovi.com” hijacker is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the Combocleaner will remove it.