What is Search.archivemanagerapp.com?
Search.archivemanagerapp.com is the potentially unwanted program that replaces preferred homepage and search engine without user’s consent. This is the main reason why Search.archivemanagerapp.com extension is considered as a browser hijacker. The developers of this app are using shady methods of distribution, like bundling. Use this simple guide to remove Search.archivemanagerapp.com from your Mac.
Though this extension is trying to create an impression of a sound Internet search engine, you should know that it will get your browser configurations modified and spoil your browsing experience with constant redirection and ads sponsored by third-party. Another malicious feature of Search.archivemanagerapp.com is personal information tracking. It can monitor your searching queries, browsing story, geolocation, all the keyboard and mouse inputs you make in your web browser. All the stolen information may be shared and misused by third-parties to generate revenue.
How to remove Search.archivemanagerapp.com from Mac?
This application is able to detect and remove Search.archivemanagerapp.com from your computer and clean up your browser. Simple, easy-to-use and helpful.
Or you may use manual removal method:
Step 1: Remove Search.archivemanagerapp.com from Applications
In order to get rid of Search.archivemanagerapp.com, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Search.archivemanagerapp.com, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall Search.archivemanagerapp.com or Search.archivemanagerapp.com Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find a required program, sort programs by date and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use Removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove Search.archivemanagerapp.com from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Search.archivemanagerapp.com from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find Search.archivemanagerapp.com or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Search.archivemanagerapp.com.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Search.archivemanagerapp.com.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Eliminate Search.archivemanagerapp.com by deleting cache
In most cases, deleting the cache can resolve the problem
- Open Finder and select your user/home folder.
- With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options
- When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.
- Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.
Step 4: Remove Search.archivemanagerapp.com from Profiles
Sometimes malware might have its entries in Group Policy that helps browser hijacker overrides search engine every time you reset browser settings.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Profiles at the bottom of window.
- Choose AdminPrefs profile, click “-“ icon and enter password.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Search.archivemanagerapp.com on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Search.archivemanagerapp.com is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Combo Cleaner automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.