What is QuickSearchTool?
Nowadays, the internet is the greatest part of our life. We spend a lot of time on there and the importance of internet security is hard to overstate. However, sometimes we face various threats and the one of them is QuickSearchTool. This threat is represented by the website and application for the browser. So, if your browser redirects you to the search.quicksearchtool.com website, your computer is probably infected. As the rule, such threats as QuickSearchTool hijacker are distributed by the means of bundling. It goes without saying, that sometimes we need to download various software and sometimes necessary programs go together with other ones in one pack. As the rule, hackers compile such packs and provide them with unclear installation terms. That’s why victims don’t even suppose, that they allow to install QuickSearchTool hijacker themselves. However, sometimes hackers even create fake installers and promote them by the means of deceptive websites. When victims come to such sites, they see “official” webpages of the required software and without a doubt download the malicious installer. When QuickSearchTool hijacker is installed, it changes some browser settings, which are the main root of the redirections to this web page. To be more exact, this hijacker redirects all your internet traffic to the QuickSearchTool website. The main purpose of this attack is the information. When you use services provided by this hijacker and the website, criminals steal your personal and non-personal information. Then they use this information to create targeted advertisements and to modify the searching queries. In this case, the linked websites can be very dangerous, as by the means of such ads criminals usually promote questionable software and services. Sometimes such sites even use malicious scripts, what can initialize downloading processes without your agreement. So, as you can see, it’s very important to remove QuickSearchTool hijacker. And that’s why we’ve prepared this detailed guide!
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Automatic solutions for Windows
- Manual solution for Windows
- Manual solution for Mac OS
- Restore Group Policy settings
- Manual solution for Safari
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
- Manual solution for Internet Explorer
- Manual solution for Microsoft Edge
How to remove QuickSearchTool hijacker?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation. Download SpyHunter anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of “QuickSearchTool” redirections automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
Automatic solutions for Windows users
Sometimes it’s difficult to find and identify the root of QuickSearchTool redirections in order to remove these threats. That’s why our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like QuickSearchTool hijacker and pop-ups, and then removes them with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys.
How to remove QuickSearchTool hijacker manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Windows button and then go to the settings menu.
- After it go to the apps menu.
- In the left side of the menu choose the sub-menu Apps & features.
- Now remote all suspicious programs.
- Then you have to clean your browser.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (This hijacker may have a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now press the Go button and then Go to the folder…
- In the search bar type /Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files in this folder
- Choose the Go to the folder… option once again and type /Library/Application Support
- Remove all suspicious files and folders
- Then, with the help of the same menu, go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files from there
- Do the same with /Library/LaunchDaemons folder
- Here you’d better use CleanMyMac in order to get rid of the root of the problem at all.
- Now you have to clean your browser
Restore Group Policy settings
Solution for Windows users: Sometimes viruses change your Group Policy settings that may lead to different troubles, like disability to remove the dangerous program or any other software, or it may provoke a number of errors. It’s very important to restore these settings, but be careful: you can easily damage your system.
- Open File Explorer.
- Copy and paste in the address bar the C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\ address and then press Enter.
- Find registry.pol file and delete it or move to the other directory.
- Close File Explorer and press the Windows+X buttons
- Open Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin).
- Copy and paste this command gpupdate /force and now press Enter
- Reboot your device
How to remove QuickSearchTool hijacker from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
- Open your browser and press the Gear button in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Here you should select Manage add-ons.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and remove it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and press the Gear button again.
- Choose the Internet Options button. Stay in General tab.
- In the Homepage sections remove malicious URL and enter URL that you want.
- Now close the menu press the Gear button again.
- Here select the Internet options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Press the Reset button, select Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button in this menu
- Launch your browser and press More button (it consists of three dots at the upper right side of the browser).
- Now press Settings button and then Choose what to clear button.
- Choose everything and then press Clear (careful: you will delete all your data from the browser).
- Then you should right-click on the Windows button and select Task Manager.
- Look for Microsoft Edge process and then right-click on it and choose Go to details option.
- If there is no Go to details option you have to click More details and return to previous steps.
- Now search for processes called Microsoft Edge, right-click on them and choose End task option
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find “QuickSearchTool” hijacker and the root of pop-ups on your computer and remove them. The most effective method to get rid of “QuickSearchTool” redirections and notifications is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the Combocleaner will remove it.