What is QuickMail?
QuickMail belongs to the class of browser hijackers. Such malicious programs change your default browser settings, as a preferable search engine, corrupt new tab option and change your homepage. Quickmail makes you to visit srchbar.com, where you can see search engine. This site doesn’t provide you with unique search results and redirects you to the Yahoo. We suppose, that this hijacker is aimed at the advertising of Yahoo servises. QuickMail is considered potentially dangerous to your device, as it can collect your personal information and become a weak point in the security system of your device. Moreover, it doesn’t allow you to restore your settings. That’s why we recommend you to remove QuickMail browser hijacker as soon as possible with the help of our guide!
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Automatic solutions for Windows
- Manual solution for Internet Explorer
- Manual solution for Microsoft Edge
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Safari
How to remove QuickMail hijacker?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation. Download SpyHunter anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of “QuickMail” hijacker automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove ‘QuickMail hijacker’: CleanMyMac
Automatic solutions for Windows users
Sometimes it’s difficult to find and identify such programs as QuickMail hijacker in order to remove it. That’s why our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like QuickMail, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys.
How to remove “QuickMail” hijacker manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Windows button and then go to the settings menu.
- After it go to the apps menu.
- In the left side of the menu choose the sub-menu Apps & features.
- Now remote all suspicious programs (“QuickMail” may has a different name).
- Then you have to clean your browser.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (“QuickMail” hijacker may has a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now you have to clean your browser
How to delete “QuickMail hijacker” from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Open your browser and press the Gear button in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Here you should select Manage add-ons.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and remove it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and press the Gear button again.
- Choose the Internet Options button. Stay in General tab.
- In the Homepage sections remove malicious URL and enter URL that you want.
- Now close the menu press the Gear button again.
- Here select the Internet options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Press the Reset button, select Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button in this menu
- Launch your browser and press More button (it consists of three dots at the upper right side of the browser).
- Now press Settings button and then Choose what to clear button.
- Choose everything and then press Clear (careful: you will delete all your data from the browser).
- Then you should right-click on the Windows button and select Task Manager.
- Look for Microsoft Edge process and then right-click on it and choose Go to details option.
- If there is no Go to details option you have to click More details and return to previous steps.
- Now search for processes called Microsoft Edge, right-click on them and choose End task option
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button