What is MrDec Ransomware?
In this article, we will describe in detail how to remove MrDec Ransomware and decrypt your files. MrDec Ransomware is a cryptovirus whose genealogical relationship is currently not established. MrDec Ransomware encrypts data on the user’s system using sophisticated algorithms and changes its extensions to .[ID]
You are unlucky! The terrible virus has captured your files! For decoding please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
ID ***** ID
1. In the subject line, write your ID.
2. Attach 1-2 infected files that do not contain important information (less than 2 mb)
3. Attach the file with the location c:\Windows\DECODE KEY.KEY
are required to generate the decoder and restore the test file.
Hurry up! Time is limited!
At the end of this time, the private key for generating the decoder will be destroyed. Files will not be restored!
This pop-up window contains the email address with which the user must contact the scammers. The amount of ransom can reach several hundred dollars, which is alarming. Moreover, the attackers intimidate users by claiming that the decryption key will be permanently deleted if the user does not pay the ransom as soon as possible. No matter how you are doing, do not pay them in any way! We recommend that you use our recommendations to remove MrDec Ransomware and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How to remove MrDec from your computer?
You may try to use SpyHunter anti-malware tool to remove MrDec ransomware from your computer. Newly advanced ransomware detection technology is able to run an instant ransomware scan, which is perfect to protect your computer in case of a new ransomware attack.
How to decrypt .MrDec files?
Once you’ve removed the virus, you are probably thinking of recovering files from encryption. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Recover data with Data Recovery
- Download and install Data Recovery
- Select drives and folders with your files, then click Scan.
- Choose all the files in a folder, then press on Restore button.
- Manage export location.
Restore data with automated decryption tools
Unfortunately, due to the novelty of MrDec ransomware, there are no available automatic decryptors for this encryptor yet. Still, there is no need to invest in the malicious scheme by paying a ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore data with Windows Previous Versions
This feature is working on Windows Vista (not Home version), Windows 7 and later versions. Windows MrDecs copies of files and folders which you can use to restore data on your computer. In order to restore data from Windows Backup, take the following steps:
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore the system with System Restore
You can always try to use System Restore in order to roll back your system to its condition before infection infiltration. All the Windows versions include this option.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Written by Rami D