Barak ransomware encryption process
Barak ransomware is the freshest version of a Phobos encryptor. This type of virus usually spread by the means of spam campaigns. Hackers make fake emails and adds special malicious attachments to them, as if they are representatives of a well-know company in order to make you open it. Once you do it, the virus immediately proceeds with the work. Barak scans for the appropriate files like Microsoft documents and media files and then changes their structures. When the encryption process is finished, your files are unreadable as the extensions of these files have been changed to .[email@example.com].barak ones. Don’t try to remove Barak encryption by the files renaming, it may damage them permanently. The main aim of this attack is to make you pay for the decryption, that’s why hackers left special ransom notes, called info.txt:
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC. If you want to restore them, there are 2 ways of contact:
1. Jabber contact - *link*
-Once you created a jabber account. Make sure you add the contact fist and wait for our approval to begin sending message.
-Directly messaging us with out accepting your request will result to Forbidden message
2.Bitemessage contact address - *link*
-After all the sync is finish. You can directly send message here.
Try both method of contact to ensure we receive your message.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 5 files for free decryption. The total size of file must be less than 4mb(non archieved), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
Where to buy bitcoins?
* The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click
Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price:
* Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Moreover, the virus creates a special window, that duplicates the information from the note:
As you can see, hackers try to assure you, that their offer is a good deal. Don’t trust them! You don’t have any real guarantee, that they will honor their promises and they can easily trick you. If you are puzzled, need to remove Barak ransomware and decrypt .[firstname.lastname@example.org].barak files badly, our guide may be helpful for you!
- How to remove Barak Ransomware from your computer
- How to remove Barak Ransomware encryption from your files
- Data Recovery
- Automated decryption tools
- Windows Previous Versions
How to remove Barak Ransomware from your computer?
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong installation, and will remove Barak from your computer with all of its leftovers and register files.
Solution for Windows users: our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like Barak, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys.
If you are Mac user, we advise you to use Combo Cleaner.
How to decrypt .[email@example.com].barak files?
Once you’ve removed the virus, you are probably thinking how to decrypt .barak files. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Recover data with Data Recovery
- Download and install Data Recovery
- Select drives and folders with your files, then click Scan.
- Choose all the files in a folder, then press on Restore button.
- Manage export location.
Restore data with automated decryption tools
Unfortunately, due to the novelty of Barak ransomware, there are no available automatic decryptors for this encryptor yet. Still, there is no need to invest in the malicious scheme by paying a ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore data with Windows Previous Versions
This feature is working on Windows Vista (not Home version), Windows 7 and later versions. Windows keeps copies of files and folders which you can use to restore data on your computer. In order to restore data from Windows Backup, take the following steps:
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore the system with System Restore
You can always try to use System Restore in order to roll back your system to its condition before infection infiltration. All the Windows versions include this option.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.