What is Kometa Browser?
Kometa Browser is a questionable Internet browser based on Chromium source code that claims to improve your browsing experience. Actually, Kometa Browser is an adware and it is concluded, accordingly, that program was built to support affiliate marketing. As a result, a lot of pop-up ads that will show up over and over on each page you visit concealing underlying content. Moreover, such ad might redirect you to far from safe web-page filled with malware infections. It was also revealed that program is able to download other potentially unwanted programs without user consent and permission. Needless to say, what it can lead to. Another unpleasant feature of Kometa Browser is personal information tracking. It can monitor your searching queries, frequently visited page, browsing story, geolocation, all the keyboard and mouse inputs you make in browser. All the stolen information may be shared and misused by third-parties to generate revenue. All things considered, we advise you to remove Kometa Browser to protect your system and privacy.
How Kometa Browser infects your PC?
As mentioned above, Kometa Browser usually gets on the computer through the “bundling” – popular marketing method. In this way, the program is bundled with other free application that you can download online. Unfortunately, a majority of charge-free software doesn’t properly notify that other software will also be installed. To prevent your computer from infection we advise you to be careful and never rush when you install the software. Always opt for the “Custom/Advanced” settings and never agree to install additional unnecessary programs. Hackers also exploit security holes in the computer to distribute their products. Remember, the key to computer safety is caution. The powerful anti-malware program also wouldn’t go amiss.
How to remove Kometa Browser from your computer?
The best and easiest way to remove Kometa Browser from your computer is to use special anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. The program is fully automated, all you need to do is to download and install it. Once you’ve installed anti-malware application, it will scan your system and remove all the threats.
It scans your computer and detects various threats like Kometa Browser, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete Kometa Browser. Use this removal tool to get rid of Kometa Browser for FREE.
Norton 360 Antimalware – this program will help you to get rid of Kometa Browser. It can find malicious program that is corrupting your system and clean up junk files after removal.
CleanMyMac – fully removes all instances of Chrome from Mac and Safari. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete Search.hemailloginnow.com. Use this removal tool to get rid of Search.hemailloginnow.com for FREE.
Combo Cleaner – can find malicious program that is corrupting your system and clean up junk files after removal.
How to remove Kometa Browser manually
Step 1: Remove Kometa Browser from Control Panel
In order to get rid of Kometa Browser, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Kometa Browser, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Select Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Kometa Browser.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Select Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Find Kometa Browser and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Select Search.
- After that choose Apps.
- Next Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Kometa Browser, select it and choose Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, then select Settings at the top.
- Choose App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, find Kometa Browser and select it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall Kometa Browser or Kometa Browser Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to run full system scan using anti-malware program in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Removing malicious link from your browser shortcuts
Sometimes even removing of malicious program from your computer and web browser can’t help. If you are still facing unknown webpage when you open your web browser, then you might have your browser shortcut changed. It’s pretty common trick that performs most of browser hijackers. They change your browser shortcut so that every time you open it you’ll see not your homepage, but some advertisement webpage. But this issue is quite simple to fix. The instruction stated below matches most of the browsers.
- Right-click on your browser shortcut, choose Properties.
- If you see a link to some website after .exe in the Target field, read on.
- Usually you are not able to delete a link from Target field, that’s why you need to click on the Open File Location button in this window.
- Once you’ve opened file location, select chrome.exe/firefox.exe/iexplore.exe.
- Right-click on this file and choose Sent to option, then Desktop (create shortcut).
- New shortcut will have no additional redirection links.
- Delete old infected shortcut. If you got one in your taskbar, delete it from there too.
- Now you have new and clear shortcut without redirection to unknown websites.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cogwheel in the right upper corner.
- Click Internet options.
- Got to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Put a tick near Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Click Reset button.