What is EPSILON?
Nowadays computer viruses are very dangerous. Every day we face these threats while surfing the net and every day cyber criminals improve them. The one of such threats is EPSILON ransomware. This virus doesn’t belong to any already-known file-encryption ransomware family. Generally victims infect their computer with EPSILON ransomware because of the infected executable files. In the most cases, they download them from various free-file sharing services and torrent trackers. When this virus gets into the system, it modifies the registry folder and infects system processes. At the same time virus changes your background image. As the result of encryption the files get new “.[email@example.com].boom” extensions. Then the virus drops the ransom note called “READ_ME.hta”, the purpose of which is to assure you, that it’s necessary to pay for the decryption. However, it’s very dangerous. Very often criminals deceive victims by forcing them to pay twice, ignoring or even sending another virus instead of the decryption tool. So it’s better to avoid any contact with them. Now you may wonder what you can do then. Read our detailed guide on how to remove EPSILON virus and decrypt “.boom” files without paying ransoms and find the best solution!
As you can see, all your files got encrypted. Thats why your files are no longer readable.
If you want them back, please contact us at our email below.
You can send us a couple of files and we will return the restored ones to prove that only we can do it.
You can get more information about encryption on Wikipedia. (RSA, AES, RC4)
Please, provide your id below in the subject of your mail.
If you have already submited your payement, you will receive your private key and another decryption key with the special decryption software
1. The infection was due to vulnerabilities in your software.
2. Our goal is to return your data, but if you don't contact us, we will not succeed.
1. If you want to make sure that it is impossible to recover files using third-party software, do this not on all files, otherwise you may lose all data.
2. Only communication through our email can guarantee file recover for you. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties who promise to help you - most often they are scammers.
3. Please, do not try to rename encrypted files.
- How to remove EPSILON ransomware from your computer
- Automatically remove EPSILON ransomware
- Manually remove EPSILON ransomware
- How to decrypt .boom files
- Automatically decrypt .boom files
- Manually decrypt .boom files
- How to prevent ransomware attacks
- Remove EPSILON ransomware and decrypt .boom files with our help
How to remove EPSILON ransomware from your computer?
Every day ransomware viruses change as well as their folders, executable files and the processes, which they use. For this reason it’s difficult to detect the virus yourself. That’s why we’ve prepared the detailed guide for you on how to remove EPSILON ransomware from your computer!
Automatically remove EPSILON ransomware
We strongly recommend you to use automated solution, as it can scan all the hard drive, ongoing processes and registry keys. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong installation and will definitely remove EPSILON ransomware from your computer with all of its leftovers and register files. Moreover, it will protect your computer from future attacks.
Our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like EPSILON virus, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and malicious registry keys. Moreover, it has a great variety of other features, like protection from specific ransomware attacks, safe box for your passwords and many other things!
Manually remove EPSILON ransomware
This way is not recommended, as it requires strong skills. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. We also warn you that you can damage your operating system or data. However, it can be a suitable solution for you.
- Open the “Task Manager”
- Right click on the “Name” column, add the “Command line”
- Find a strange process, the folder of which probably is not suitable for it
- Go To the process folder and remove all files
- Go to the Registry and remove all keys related to the process
- Go to the AppData folder and remove all strange folders, that you can find
How to decrypt .boom files?
Once you’ve removed the virus, you are probably thinking how to decrypt “.[firstname.lastname@example.org].boom” files or at least restore them. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Restore .[email@example.com].boom files with Stellar Data Recovery
If you decided to recover your files, we strongly advise you to use only high-quality software, otherwise your data can be corrupted. Our choice is Stellar Data Recovery. This software has proven to be very appreciated by customers, who have faced ransomware problems!
- Download and install Stellar Data Recovery
- Select drives and folders with your files, then click Scan.
- Choose all the files in a folder, then press on Restore button.
- Manage export location.
The services we’ve mentioned in this part also guarantee users, that the encrypted data is unlikely to become damaged. But you should understand, that there is still a risk to corrupt your files.<”h4″ class="collapseomatic " id="id64630e82241eb" tabindex="0" alt="”How" title="”How" >”Decrypt”h4″>
Decrypt .[firstname.lastname@example.org].boom files manually
If above mentioned solutions didn’t help to decrypt .[email@example.com].boom files, still, there is no need to invest in the malicious scheme by paying a ransom. You are able to recover files manually. You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.<”h4″ class="collapseomatic " id="id64630e822429a" tabindex="0" alt="”How" title="”How" >”Restore”h4″>
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How to prevent ransomware attacks?
If you have successfully removed EPSILON ransomware, you know probably think about the ways how to protect your data from future attacks. The best way is to create backups of your data. We recommend you to use only high-quality products. Our choice here is Stellar Data Recovery. This soft can easily create highly-qualified backups, has a user friendly interface and moreover, it can help you to restore your files! Then you should take under strict control all your internet connections. Some of the ransomware viruses connect to various internet services and can even infect computers that are connected to the same local network. That’s why it’s important to use a strong firewall, that can easily restrict any connection. The best choice is GlassWire. This program has a user friendly interface and it becomes very easy to prevent any ransomware or hacker attack.
If you want to learn out more details about the ways how to prevent ransomware attacks, read our detailed article!
Write us an email
If your case is an unusual one, feel free to write us an email. Fill the form below and wait for our response! We will answer you as soon as possible. The files we need to inspect your case are: executable files of the virus, if it’s possible; examples of the encrypted files; screenshots of your task manager; ransom note; background screen.
CONCLUSION: nowadays, these solutions are the all possible ways to remove EPSILON ransomware and decrypt “.[firstname.lastname@example.org].boom” files. Nowadays the best way to remove it is the Norton 360 . Their specialists improve the scan system and update the databases every day. It helps not only to remove existing problems, but also protects computers from future attacks. If there is a new way to decrypt your files, we will update the article, so stay tuned.