What is Your Weather Watcher?
Your weather watcher is a spam campaign, that can generate tons of advertisements on your mobile or desktop device. It spread by push notifications, or by malicious apps. Yourweatherwatcher.com (your weather watcher.com) is a source, that can be affiliated with cybercriminals, so we recommend do not accept any access requests from this site. How to get rid of yourweatherwatcher.com? Firstly, try to uninstall any apps, related to Your Weather Watcher, and check all accepted push notifications from Yourweatherwatcher.com. But if you can’t find anything suspicious, try to uninstall your weather watcher from Android phone by using the instructions below.
- Automatic solutions for Android
- Manual solution for Android
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
- Manual solution for Other Browsers
How to remove Your Weather Watcher pop-ups?
The uninstallation of hijackers is not as simple as it might seem. Sometimes it requires really strong skills and time to remove it. If you use manual solutions, you should be aware of the fact, that there is a risk of damaging your data or even operating system. For this reason we’ve prepared two possible ways on how to remove this hijacker.
How to remove Your Weather Watcher automatically?
This way is the easiest and fastest one. Automatical instruments help to remove such threat fast and easy and moreover, they also mitigate risk of data or system corruption.
Automatic solutions for Android users
Sometimes it’s difficult to find and identify the root of Your Weather Watcher redirections and pop-ups in order to remove these threats. That’s why our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your device and detects various threats like Your Weather Watcher, and then removes them with all of the related malicious files and folders.
How to remove Your Weather Watcher manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (This hijacker may have a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now press the Go button and then Go to the folder…
- In the search bar type /Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files in this folder
- Choose the Go to the folder… option once again and type /Library/Application Support
- Remove all suspicious files and folders
- Then, with the help of the same menu, go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files from there
- Do the same with /Library/LaunchDaemons folder
- System Preferences and go to Profiles, remove all unknown profiles. If you do not see profiles as an option then you do not have any installed.
- Here you’d better use CleanMyMac in order to get rid of the root of the problem at all.
- Now you have to clean your browser
Check the list of push notifications in settings
Solution for Windows users: Sometimes viruses change your Group Policy settings that may lead to different troubles, like disability to remove the dangerous program or any other software, or it may provoke a number of errors. It’s very important to restore these settings, but be careful: you can easily damage your system.
- Open File Explorer.
- Copy and paste in the address bar the C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\ address and then press Enter.
- Find registry.pol file and delete it or move to the other directory.
- Close File Explorer and press the Windows+X buttons
- Open Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin).
- Copy and paste this command gpupdate /force and now press Enter
- Reboot your device
How to remove Your Weather Watcher pop-ups from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again.
- Push Clear history and website data button
- Choose all history and data and then press Clear history button
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
- Launch your browser and press More button (it consists of three dots at the upper right side of the browser).
- Now press Settings button and then Choose what to clear button.
- Choose everything and then press Clear (careful: you will delete all your data from the browser).
- Then you should right-click on the Windows button and select Task Manager.
- Look for Microsoft Edge process and then right-click on it and choose Go to details option.
- If there is no Go to details option you have to click More details and return to previous steps.
- Now search for processes called Microsoft Edge, right-click on them and choose End task option
Written by Tim Kas