What is Tech-connect.biz?
Tech-connect.biz is a web site with the search bar pretending to be a legitimate search engine. In reality, this one posses a security risk to your system because its browser extension reassigns your network settings without your agreement making it vulnerable to attack from hackers. The result is a constant redirection to sponsored websites. Thus, this application was developed for only one reason- promoting third party products for which they, of course, make a profit. It is therefore not surprising that you will see a lot of pop-ups, deals, coupons, etcetera. There are a lot of similar programs that you can get while surfing on the Internet. A significant feature of these ones is that they are installed without user consent, “bundled” with other free software. In order to prevent infection of Tech-connect.biz, you should avoid visiting suspicious websites. Being infected with this virus, your system is exposed to risk of various infections.
Another unpleasant feature of Tech-connect.biz is tracking your personal data like frequently visited pages, search queries, clicked ads, e.t.c. Using the data, program selects appropriate advertisement based on your preferences. However, nobody can guarantee that your personal data will not fall into the wrong hands. This might result in serious privacy issues. Appearance of bothersome pop-up ads on the computer screen, slowness of the system, redirecting links, randomly opening page and even spying on your Internet activity, all of these are the result of the Tech-connect.biz impact. That’s why you should remove Tech-connect.biz as soon as possible. This guide will help you with that.
How to remove Tech-connect.biz from your computer?
The best and easiest way to remove Tech-connect.biz from your computer is to use special anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. The program is fully automated, all you need to do is to download and install it. Once you’ve installed anti-malware application, it will scan your system and remove all the threats.
It scans your computer and detects various threats like Tech-connect.biz, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete Tech-connect.biz and also protect your system from similar viruses in further. Use this removal tool to get rid of Tech-connect.biz for FREE.
Norton 360 Antimalware – this program will help you to get rid of Tech-connect.biz. It can find malicious program that is corrupting your system and clean up junk files after removal.
How to remove Tech-connect.biz manually
Step 1: Remove Tech-connect.biz from Control Panel
In order to get rid of Tech-connect.biz, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Tech-connect.biz, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Select Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Tech-connect.biz.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Select Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Find Tech-connect.biz and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Select Search.
- After that choose Apps.
- Next Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Tech-connect.biz, select it and choose Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, then select Settings at the top.
- Choose App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, find Tech-connect.biz and select it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for suspicious recently installed programs.
Step 2: Remove Tech-connect.biz from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Tech-connect.biz from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Tech-connect.biz.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Tech-connect.biz.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons option.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Next select Disable Tech-connect.biz.
- Choose More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Removing malicious link from your browser shortcuts
Sometimes even removing of malicious program from your computer and web browser can’t help. If you are still facing unknown webpage when you open your web browser, then you might have your browser shortcut changed. It’s pretty common trick that performs most of browser hijackers. They change your browser shortcut so that every time you open it you’ll see not your homepage, but some advertisement webpage. But this issue is quite simple to fix. The instruction stated below matches most of the browsers.
- Right-click on your browser shortcut, choose Properties.
- If you see a link to some website after .exe in the Target field, read on.
- Usually you are not able to delete a link from Target field, that’s why you need to click on the Open File Location button in this window.
- Once you’ve opened file location, select chrome.exe/firefox.exe/iexplore.exe.
- Right-click on this file and choose Sent to option, then Desktop (create shortcut).
- New shortcut will have no additional redirection links.
- Delete old infected shortcut. If you got one in your taskbar, delete it from there too.
- Now you have new and clear shortcut without redirection to unknown websites.
Step 4: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cogwheel in the right upper corner.
- Click Internet options.
- Got to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Put a tick near Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Click Reset button.
Step 5: Remove following files and folders of Tech-connect.biz:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files:
Remove following folders