What is Safe Finder?
Safe Finder is a notorious browser hijacker that still affects users’ computers around the world. Although Safe Finder is designed for Windows and Mac computers (the full removal guide for both systems you may find here), last ones are much more likely to face it. Safe Finder gets on user’s computers bundled with other freeware/shareware programs a user might download from the Internet. Following infiltration, it starts corrupting browser configuration, by setting its own as a default search engine on the infected browser. Safe Finder developers receive payments from companies they promote which is why it can display irrelevant search results leading to unwanted websites. But that’s not all, the malware inserts third-party advertisements that will pop up offering various questionable services.
How to remove Safe Finder from Mac?
This application is able to detect and remove Safe Finder from your computer and clean up your browser. Simple, easy-to-use, and helpful.
Or you may use the manual removal method:
Step 1: Remove Safe Finder from Applications
In order to get rid of Safe Finder, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Safe Finder, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall Safe Finder or Safe Finder Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find a required program, sort programs by date and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use Removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove Safe Finder from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Safe Finder from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find Safe Finder or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Safe Finder.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Safe Finder.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Eliminate Safe Finder by deleting cache
In most cases, deleting the cache can resolve the problem
- Open Finder and select your user/home folder.
- With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options
- When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.
- Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.
Step 4: Remove Safe Finder from Profiles
Sometimes malware might have its entries in Group Policy that helps browser hijacker overrides search engine every time you reset browser settings.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Profiles at the bottom of window.
- Choose unknown and unsigned profiles, click “-“ icon and enter password.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Safe Finder on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Safe Finder is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Combo Cleaner automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.