What is MARS?
Nowadays computer viruses are a great problem. Nearly every day malware researchers report about new threats and among the newest ones is MARS ransomware. This virus doesn’t belong to any already known file-encryption ransomware family, but it can be modified and get new versions. Generally, victims become infected with it because of fake malicious installers. You can find such files on various free file sharing services and torrent trackers. Criminals promote them as free or cracked software. Equally they often attack computers directly or send victims infected Microsoft Office documents. So you should be cautious while checking email. When MARS gets into the system, it modifies some registry keys and infects system processes, by the means of which it encrypts data. As the result of encryption your files get new “.mars” extensions. Moreover, it drops the ransom note called “!!!MARS_DECRYPT.TXT”. The function of this note is to make you pay for hackers’ decryption services. But in the most cases, they simply deceive the victims. But here is another way out. Check our guide on how to remove MARS ransomware and decrypt “.mars” files without paying ransoms.
Your unique id: *ID*
Our virus encrypted 231 of your office files (xls, xlsx, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, odt, ods, pdf, dwg, psd, dbf, fpt, php, cdr, mdb, accdb).
You can buy decryption for 500$ in Bitcoins.
But before you pay, you can make sure that we can really decrypt any of your files.
The encryption key and ID are unique to your computer, so you are guaranteed to be able to return your files.
To do this:
1) Send your unique id - and max 3 files for test decryption to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2) After decryption, we will send you the decrypted files and a unique bitcoin wallet for payment.
3) Be careful! Fakes are possible in Telegram, never pay until you receive test files after decryption!
4) After payment ransom for Bitcoin, we will send you a decryption program and instructions. If we can decrypt your files, we have no reason to deceive you after payment.
or do this(If you have not received a reply by email):
1) Download and install Telegram Messanger: hxxps://desktop.telegram.org/ (for Windows, Linux, macOS)
2) Find user mars_dec
3) Send your unique id - and max 3 files for test decryption.
4) After decryption, we will send you the decrypted files and a unique bitcoin wallet for payment.
5) Be careful! Fakes are possible in Telegram, never pay until you receive test files after decryption!
6) After payment ransom for Bitcoin, we will send you a decryption program and instructions. If we can decrypt your files, we have no reason to deceive you after payment.
Can I get a discount?
No. The ransom amount is calculated based on the number of encrypted office files and discounts are not provided. All such messages will be automatically ignored.
What is Bitcoin?
Where to buy bitcoins?
or use google.com
Where is the guarantee that I will receive my files back?
The very fact that we can decrypt your random files is a guarantee. It makes no sense for us to deceive you.
How quickly will I receive the key and decryption program after payment?
As a rule, within a few hours, but very rarely there may be a delay of 1-2 days.
How does the decryption program work?
It's simple. You need to copy the key and select a folder to decrypt. The program will automatically decrypt all encrypted files in this folder and its subfolders.
I will complain about your Telegram account and mailbox's..
God help you. You won't find us anyway. But many people will be deprived of any opportunity to recover their files.
- How to remove MARS ransomware from your computer
- Automatically remove MARS ransomware
- Manually remove MARS ransomware
- How to decrypt .MARS files
- Automatically decrypt .MARS files
- Manually decrypt .MARS files
- How to prevent ransomware attacks
- Remove MARS ransomware and decrypt .MARS files with our help
How to remove MARS ransomware from your computer?
Every day ransomware viruses change as well as their folders, executable files and the processes, which they use. For this reason it’s difficult to detect the virus yourself. That’s why we’ve prepared the detailed guide for you on how to remove MARS ransomware from your computer!
Automatically remove MARS ransomware
We strongly recommend you to use automated solution, as it can scan all the hard drive, ongoing processes and registry keys. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong installation and will definitely remove MARS ransomware from your computer with all of its leftovers and register files. Moreover, it will protect your computer from future attacks.
Our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like MARS virus, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and malicious registry keys. Moreover, it has a great variety of other features, like protection from specific ransomware attacks, safe box for your passwords and many other things!
Manually remove MARS ransomware
This way is not recommended, as it requires strong skills. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. We also warn you that you can damage your operating system or data. However, it can be a suitable solution for you.
- Open the “Task Manager”
- Right click on the “Name” column, add the “Command line”
- Find a strange process, the folder of which probably is not suitable for it
- Go To the process folder and remove all files
- Go to the Registry and remove all keys related to the process
- Go to the AppData folder and remove all strange folders, that you can find
How to decrypt MARS files?
Once you’ve removed the virus, you are probably thinking how to decrypt “.MARS” files or at least restore them. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Restore .MARS files with Stellar Data Recovery
If you decided to recover your files, we strongly advise you to use only high-quality software, otherwise your data can be corrupted. Our choice is Stellar Data Recovery. This software has proven to be very appreciated by customers, who have faced ransomware problems!
- Download and install Stellar Data Recovery
- Select drives and folders with your files, then click Scan.
- Choose all the files in a folder, then press on Restore button.
- Manage export location.
The services we’ve mentioned in this part also guarantee users, that the encrypted data is unlikely to become damaged. But you should understand, that there is still a risk to corrupt your files.
Decrypt .MARS files with Emsisoft decryptor
Decrypt .MARS files with Kaspersky decryptors
Decrypt .MARS files with Dr. Web decryptors
Decrypt .MARS files manually
If above mentioned solutions didn’t help to decrypt .MARS files, still, there is no need to invest in the malicious scheme by paying a ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore .MARS files with Windows Previous Versions
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore .MARS files with System Restore
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How to prevent ransomware attacks?
If you have successfully removed MARS ransomware, you know probably think about the ways how to protect your data from future attacks. The best way is to create backups of your data. We recommend you to use only high-quality products. Our choice here is Stellar Data Recovery. This soft can easily create highly-qualified backups, has a user friendly interface and moreover, it can help you to restore your files! Then you should take under strict control all your internet connections. Some of the ransomware viruses connect to various internet services and can even infect computers that are connected to the same local network. That’s why it’s important to use a strong firewall, that can easily restrict any connection. The best choice is GlassWire. This program has a user friendly interface and it becomes very easy to prevent any ransomware or hacker attack.
If you want to learn out more details about the ways how to prevent ransomware attacks, read our detailed article!
Write us an email
If your case is an unusual one, feel free to write us an email. Fill the form below and wait for our response! We will answer you as soon as possible. The files we need to inspect your case are: executable files of the virus, if it’s possible; examples of the encrypted files; screenshots of your task manager; ransom note; background screen.
CONCLUSION: nowadays, these solutions are the all possible ways to remove MARS ransomware and decrypt “.MARS” files. Nowadays the best way to remove it is the Norton 360 . Their specialists improve the scan system and update the databases every day. It helps not only to remove existing problems, but also protects computers from future attacks. If there is a new way to decrypt your files, we will update the article, so stay tuned.