What is Macfaster Pro?
Nowadays criminals use a great variety of tricks to make a profit. They use various viruses and software, which can potentially be dangerous. Among such malicious programs is Macfaster Pro. We classify this program as a Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) as users usually install this program accidentally. When Macfaster Pro is installed, it will offer you to scan your system for potential problems. If you agree to scan your system, it will display a number of problems, even if your system has been just reinstalled. The results are fake. With the help of these results criminals offer to victims to buy a premium version of Macfaster Pro as if in order to fix these problems. Moreover, sometimes such programs slow the performance of the system to assure victims, that it’s necessary to buy Macfaster Pro. Moreover, sometimes such programs also collect information about the victim, or even contain RATs or trojans. We strongly recommend you to remove Macfaster Pro as soon as possible. If you wonder how to do it, here is the detailed guide. Uninstall Macfaster Pro fast and safe!
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Safari
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
- Manual solution for Internet Explorer
- Manual solution for Microsoft Edge
How to remove Macfaster Pro PUA?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation. Download SpyHunter anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of “OBERONBOOSTER” redirections, advertisements and the program itself automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
How to remove Macfaster Pro PUA manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (This PUA may have a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now press the Go button and then Go to the folder…
- In the search bar type /Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files in this folder
- Choose the Go to the folder… option once again and type /Library/Application Support
- Remove all suspicious files and folders
- Then, with the help of the same menu, go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files from there
- Do the same with /Library/LaunchDaemons folder
- Here you’d better use CleanMyMac in order to get rid of the root of the problem at all.
- Now you have to clean your browser
How to remove Macfaster Pro PUA from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems, as far as such applications often infects browsers. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find “Macfaster Pro” PUA on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Macfaster Pro’s influence on the system is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the Combocleaner will remove it.
1 thought on “How to remove Macfaster Pro from Mac OS”
Definitely you have write the nice blog to remove Macfaster Pro App and promote your CleanMyMac app. Good approach by blogger to get the customers. But as an user I want to let you know that Macfaster Pro is an safe and secure utility to remove and clean junk files, cache, application cache, remove temp files, remove Browser cache etc from the MAC Systems. Macfaster Pro allow to check and verify the all files and folders manually with the search button in the apps in front of scanned files.
However if you think that Macfaster Pro scan the valid files with the fake results, Please show the screen shot with the invalid files details as you said in your blog.