What is Alphasearch/Alpha Search?
When your browser redirects you to the “Alphasearch.com” website, it means that your computer is infected with a hijacker. As the rule, this hijacker infects computers by the means of bundles and fake installers. In the first case, criminals compile various software into one installer and then promote it as a free or cracked software pack. In the second case, hackers create an installer and sometimes even a website to promote it. It goes without saying, that the installer and the website should copy the originals in order to assure potential victims, that it’s safe to download and install. Moreover, such sites sometimes also show pop-ups, by the means of which criminals try to make victims download such packs, as if it’s important for their operating systems. When Alphasearch/Alpha Search hijacker is in the system, it changes the settings of the browser and prevents any alteration of them. These changes are the main source of the redirections to the Alphasearch/Alpha Search website. The main purpose of this attack is to steal both personal and non-personal information of a victim. Then this information is used to create targeted advertisements, it can also be sold to 3rd parties. The linked websites can potentially be dangerous, as they often promote questionable software and services and sometimes includes harmful scripts. That’s why we strongly recommend you to remove Alphasearch/Alpha Search hijacker and you can easily do it with the help of our detailed guide!
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Automatic solutions for Windows
- Manual solution for Windows
- Manual solution for Mac OS
- Restore Group Policy settings
- Manual solution for Safari
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
- Manual solution for Internet Explorer
- Manual solution for Microsoft Edge
How to remove Alphasearch/Alpha Search hijacker?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation. Download SpyHunter anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of Alphasearch/Alpha Search redirections automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
Automatic solutions for Windows users
Sometimes it’s difficult to find and identify such programs as the root of a.akamaihd.net hijacker in order to remove it. That’s why our choice is Norton 360 . Norton 360 scans your computer and detects various threats like Alphasearch/Alpha Search, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys.
How to remove Alphasearch/Alpha Search hijacker manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Windows button and then go to the settings menu.
- After it go to the apps menu.
- In the left side of the menu choose the sub-menu Apps & features.
- Now remote all suspicious programs.
- Then you have to clean your browser.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (This hijacker may have a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now press the Go button and then Go to the folder…
- In the search bar type /Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files in this folder
- Choose the Go to the folder… option once again and type /Library/Application Support
- Remove all suspicious files and folders
- Then, with the help of the same menu, go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files from there
- Do the same with /Library/LaunchDaemons folder
- Here you’d better use CleanMyMac in order to get rid of the root of the problem at all.
- Now you have to clean your browser
Restore Group Policy settings
Solution for Windows users: Sometimes viruses change your Group Policy settings that may lead to different troubles, like disability to remove the dangerous program or any other software, or it may provoke a number of errors. It’s very important to restore these settings, but be careful: you can easily damage your system.
- Open File Explorer.
- Copy and paste in the address bar the C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\ address and then press Enter.
- Find registry.pol file and delete it or move to the other directory.
- Close File Explorer and press the Windows+X buttons
- Open Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin).
- Copy and paste this command gpupdate /force and now press Enter
- Reboot your device
How to remove Alphasearch/Alpha Search hijacker from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
- Open your browser and press the Gear button in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Here you should select Manage add-ons.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and remove it (usually it’s tollbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and press the Gear button again.
- Choose the Internet Options button. Stay in General tab.
- In the Homepage sections remove malicious URL and enter URL that you want.
- Now close the menu press the Gear button again.
- Here select the Internet options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Press the Reset button, select Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button in this menu
- Launch your browser and press More button (it consists of three dots at the upper right side of the browser).
- Now press Settings button and then Choose what to clear button.
- Choose everything and then press Clear (careful: you will delete all your data from the browser).
- Then you should right-click on the Windows button and select Task Manager.
- Look for Microsoft Edge process and then right-click on it and choose Go to details option.
- If there is no Go to details option you have to click More details and return to previous steps.
- Now search for processes called Microsoft Edge, right-click on them and choose End task option
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find “Alphasearch/Alpha Search” hijacker on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of “Alphasearch/Alpha Search” redirections is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the Combocleaner will remove it.