What is Exolocked?
Exolocked ransomware is a dangerous virus that can encrypt all the personal files on the computer, which means that you can’t open or run them until they are decrypted. Exolocked ransomware is a harmful virus that is making the data unreadable. First Exolocked infiltrates your system, then starts encrypting procedure with DES encryption algorithm. This ransomware replaces original file extension with .exolocked extension. For example, photo.jpg file turns into photo.exolocked file. In this article you can learn how to remove Exolocked and decrypt .exolocked files.
Once data on your computer is encrypted, Exolocked will display a pop-up window with a ransom message. You can find demands and instruction on how to pay the ransom for decryption key in this window. Exolocked ransomware is a serious threat to your PC, that’s why you need to remove Exolocked ransomware immediately. To do so, our team strongly recommend you to use SpyHunter removal tool as it has Exolocked Ransomware in its database, thus it will completely remove it from your computer, you can find download link below.
This is what Exolocked ransom note contains:
YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED
All files have been infected
Get decrypt your files in 4 steps
1. Go to “www.anycoindirect.eu/en/buy/bitcoins”
2. Pay 0.01 bitcoins to the bitcoin Address below
3. Once confirmed your files will be decrypted
4. And you can enjoy your computer
If you try to CLOSE this process or SHUTDOWN the computer, your files will be DELETED FOREVER!!!
AND CANT BE RECOVERED !!! Only way to RECOVER your files is to PAY 0.01 BTC
BTC Address: 1HYUjkWT6ndCZzs4PsdFKgkM2agXidPgEv
Exolocked is a typical ransomware, its main purpose is to force you to pay them. After finishing encrypting process, the ransomware will state that there are no ways to recover your files but to pay ransom. Cyber criminals demand ransom in BitCoins. Once you’ve done payment, they are suppose to send you decryption key. But you should know that cyber criminals are not going to give you a decryption key. Mostly they are just ignoring people who pays them. That’s why there is no need to contact them, it wouldn’t help. Still, Exolocked ransomware does very complicated encryption, but it does not damage, move or delete your files, which means you have chance to restore your personal data, but for now you should focus on removing Exolocked ransomware.
How to remove Exolocked from your computer and restore files?
You need to decrypt your files, but you should know that it is impossible without removing the virus from your computer. In order to remove Exolocked ransomware you need a proper and reliable anti-malware program. Most of PC security experts states that SpyHunter removal tool is a solid choice. This anti-malware application is able to detect and remove Exolocked ransomware from your computer. SpyHunter’s newly advanced ransomware detection technology is able to run an instant ransomware scan, which is perfect to protect your computer in case of a new ransomware attack.
How to decrypt .exolocked files encrypted by Exolocked?
Once you’ve removed virus, you are probably thinking of recovering files from encryption. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Decrypt .exolocked files with automated decryption tools
Unfortunately, due to novelty of Exolocked ransomware, there are no avaliable automatic decryptors for this encryptor yet. Still, there is no need to invest in malicious scheme by paying ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
Decrypt .exolocked files manually
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore data with Windows Previous Versions
This feature is working on Windows Vista (not Home version), Windows 7 and later versions. Windows saves copies of files and folders which you can use to restore data on your computer. In order to restore data from Windows Backup, take following steps:
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore the system with System Restore
You can always try to use System Restore in order to roll back your system to its condition before infection infiltration. All the Windows versions include this option.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Restore data with Shadow Explorer
Shadow Explorer is an application that is able to provide you with Shadow Copies created by the Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service.
- Once you’ve downloaded this application, open a folder with it;
- Right-click on the file ShadowExplorer-0.9-portable and choose Extract all option;
- Run ShadowExplorerPortable.exe;
- Look at the left corner, there you can choose desired hard drive and latest restore option;
- On the right side you can see the list of files. Choose any file, right-click on it and select Export option.
Restore data with Recuva
Recuva is a data recovery program for Windows, developed by Piriform. It is able to recover files that have been “permanently” deleted and marked by the operating system as free space.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed this application, start it in Wizard mode: choose the Options button and then select Run Wizard;
- You will see Welcome to the Recuva Wizard page, choose Next;
- Open the File Type page and choose the type of data you need to recover, after select Next. If you don’t know what kind of data you are looking for, choose Other option;
- Choose the location of a search in the File Location window;
- In the Thank you window, select Start. After finishing searching process, Recuva will show you the results of search;
- Before recovering of the data, choose the Check Boxes near the file. You can see three types of colored dots. Green dot means that your chance to restore file is excellent. Orange one – chance to restore file is acceptable. And the red one shows you that it’s unlikely to happen;
- Select Recover option and choose the directory of the restored data.
How to protect PC from Exolocked?
It’s pretty difficult task to get rid of any ransomware, including Exolocked. But you can easily prevent any infection of your PC. HitmanPro.Alert’s CryptoGuard can help you with this problem. It’s one of the best anti-ransomware applications. No matter how sneaky it is, HitmanPro.Alert’s CryptoGuard will stop Exolocked infiltration to your system. After detection, this program removes all the related to the ransomware data and prevents your file from being encrypted.