What is Dharma?
Dharma is yet another edition of infamous cryptovirus that has already infected many users around the world. As a previous one, it employs AES-256 asymmetric cryptography to encode user’s personal files like photos, documents, videos and so on. During the encryption, virus adds an odd extension .[email@example.com].java to all of your files. For example, myfamily.jpg is changed to myfamily.jpg.[firstname.lastname@example.org].java. In this article, you can learn how to remove Dharma ransomware and decrypt .[email@example.com].java files.
Once data on your computer is encrypted, Dharma will change your desktop wallpaper. You can find demands and instruction on how to pay the ransom for decryption key in the short ransom note. Here is used a typical scheme of all ransomware-type viruses – to make victims pay them. The only differences between them are the ransom price and encryption method. Cybercriminals state that there are no ways to recover your files but to pay a ransom. Once payment is done, they are supposed to send you decryption key. But you should know that nobody can guarantee that they will fulfill their end of the bargain. The practice shows that cyber-criminals just ignore people who paid them. That’s why you should not be pushed about by them because you can remain without money and files. On the contrary, you only may encourage them to continue their dirty business. In any case, you will be simply scammed. You need to decrypt your files, but you should know that it is impossible without removing the virus from your computer. Unfortunately, to date, there are no decryption tools available for the Dharma ransomware. As soon as it appears, we’ll be sure and let you know. But for now, you can try to use manual methods which imply the use of features of the operating system to decrypt your files.
How to remove Dharma from your computer?
In order to get rid your PC of Dharma virus, first thing you need to do is to run PC through full scan of some proper anti-virus program. To do so, take following steps:
- Boot your computer in Safe Mode with networking – push F8 button before your system starts;
- You’ll see Advanced boot options menu;
- Select Safe mode with networking and press Enter;
- Once you’ve entered your system in Safe Mode with networking, open your web browser and download any proper and reliable anti-malware program (like SpyHunter);
- Start entire system scan;
- After finishing scanning process, the program will remove virus from your computer.
The best and easiest way to remove Dharma from your computer is to use special anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. As stated above, you need proper and reliable anti-malware program, that’s why we recommend you to use SpyHunter.
SpyHunter 4 – it scans your computer and detects Dharma, then completely removes it. One of the best features of this program – large threat’s database. SpyHunter’s newly advanced ransomware detection technology is able to run an instant ransomware scan and show you a message about detection. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete Dharma. Use this removal tool to get rid of Dharma ransomware for FREE.
How to decrypt .[firstname.lastname@example.org].java files encrypted by Dharma?
Decrypt .[email@example.com].java files manually
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore data with Windows Previous Versions
This feature is working on Windows Vista (not Home version), Windows 7 and later versions. Windows saves copies of files and folders which you can use to restore data on your computer. In order to restore data from Windows Backup, take following steps:
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore the system with System Restore
You can always try to use System Restore in order to roll back your system to its condition before infection infiltration. All the Windows versions include this option.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Restore data with Shadow Explorer
Shadow Explorer is an application that is able to provide you with Shadow Copies created by the Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service.
- Once you’ve downloaded this application, open a folder with it;
- Right-click on the file ShadowExplorer-0.9-portable and choose Extract all option;
- Run ShadowExplorerPortable.exe;
- Look at the left corner, there you can choose desired hard drive and latest restore option;
- On the right side you can see the list of files. Choose any file, right-click on it and select Export option.
Restore data with Recuva
Recuva is a data recovery program for Windows, developed by Piriform. It is able to recover files that have been “permanently” deleted and marked by the operating system as free space.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed this application, start it in Wizard mode: choose the Options button and then select Run Wizard;
- You will see Welcome to the Recuva Wizard page, choose Next;
- Open the File Type page and choose the type of data you need to recover, after select Next. If you don’t know what kind of data you are looking for, choose Other option;
- Choose the location of a search in the File Location window;
- In the Thank you window, select Start. After finishing searching process, Recuva will show you the results of search;
- Before recovering of the data, choose the Check Boxes near the file. You can see three types of colored dots. Green dot means that your chance to restore file is excellent. Orange one – chance to restore file is acceptable. And the red one shows you that it’s unlikely to happen;
- Select Recover option and choose the directory of the restored data.
How to protect PC from Dharma ?
It’s pretty difficult task to get rid of any ransomware, including Dharma. But you can easily prevent any infection of your PC. HitmanPro.Alert’s CryptoGuard can help you with this problem. It’s one of the best anti-ransomware applications. No matter how sneaky it is, HitmanPro.Alert’s CryptoGuard will stop Dharma infiltration to your system. After detection, this program removes all the related to the ransomware data and prevents your file from being encrypted.