What is My Decryptor?
My Decryptor ransomware is a dangerous virus that can encrypt all the personal files on the computer, which means that you can’t open or run them until they are decrypted. My Decryptor ransomware is a harmful virus that is making the data unreadable. First My Decryptor infiltrates your system, then starts encrypting procedure with AES-256 encryption algorithm. This ransomware adds random 7 characters as an extensions to the name of all the encrypted data. For example, painting.jpeg file turns into painting.jpeg.ryhodpd file. In this article you can learn how to remove My Decryptor and restore your files.
Once data on your computer is encrypted, My Decryptor will create _HOW_TO_DECRYPT_MY_FILES_[random_characters]_.txt text file on the desktop. You can find demands and instruction on how to pay the ransom for decryption key in this file. My Decryptor ransomware is a serious threat to your PC, that’s why you need to remove My Decryptor ransomware immediately. To do so, our team strongly recommend you to use WiperSoft removal tool as it has My Decryptor Ransomware in its database, thus it will completely remove it from your computer, you can find download link below.
This is what My Decryptor ransom note contains:
ALL Y0UR D0CUMENTS, PHOTOS, DATABASES AND OTHER IMP0RTANT FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED!
Your files are NOT damaged! Your files are modified only. This modification is reversible.
The only 1 way to decrypt your files is to receive the private key and decryption program.
Any attempts to restore your files with the third-party software will be fatal for your files!
To receive the private key and decryption program follow the instructions below:
1. Download “Tor Browser” from hxxps://www.torproject.org/ and install it.
2. In the “Tor Browser” open your personal page here:
Note! This page is available via “Tor Browser” only.
Also you can use temporary addresses on your personal page without using “Tor Browser”:
Note! These are temporary addresses! They will be available for a limited amount of time!
After finishing encrypting process, the ransomware will state that there are no ways to recover your files but to pay ransom. Cyber criminals want you to pay them about 1150$ in Bitcoins. Once you’ve done payment, they are suppose to send you decryption key. But you should know that nobody can guarantee that they will help you, don’t trust them, these cyber criminals are not going to do their part of the deal. Mostly they are just ignoring people who pays them. So please do not invest into this criminal scheme. Trust us, there’s no need to panic, My Decryptor ransomware does very complicated encryption, but it does not damage, move or delete your files, which means you have chance to recover your personal data, but first you need to delete My Decryptor from the computer.
How to remove My Decryptor from your computer and restore files?
You need to decrypt your files, but you should know that it is impossible without removing the virus from your computer. In order to remove My Decryptor ransomware you need a proper and reliable anti-malware program. Most of PC security experts states that WiperSoft removal tool is a solid choice. This anti-malware application is able to detect and remove My Decryptor ransomware from your computer. WiperSoft’s newly advanced ransomware detection technology is able to run an instant ransomware scan, which is perfect to protect your computer in case of a new ransomware attack.
How to restore files encrypted by My Decryptor?
Once you’ve removed virus, you are probably thinking of recovering files from encryption. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Decrypt files with automated decryption tools
Unfortunately, due to novelty of My Decryptor ransomware, there are no avaliable automatic decryptors for this encryptor yet. Still, there is no need to invest in malicious scheme by paying ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
Recover files manually
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore data with Windows Previous Versions
This feature is working on Windows Vista (not Home version), Windows 7 and later versions. Windows saves copies of files and folders which you can use to restore data on your computer. In order to restore data from Windows Backup, take following steps:
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore the system with System Restore
You can always try to use System Restore in order to roll back your system to its condition before infection infiltration. All the Windows versions include this option.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Restore data with Shadow Explorer
Shadow Explorer is an application that is able to provide you with Shadow Copies created by the Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service.
- Once you’ve downloaded this application, open a folder with it;
- Right-click on the file ShadowExplorer-0.9-portable and choose Extract all option;
- Run ShadowExplorerPortable.exe;
- Look at the left corner, there you can choose desired hard drive and latest restore option;
- On the right side you can see the list of files. Choose any file, right-click on it and select Export option.
Restore data with Recuva
Recuva is a data recovery program for Windows, developed by Piriform. It is able to recover files that have been “permanently” deleted and marked by the operating system as free space.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed this application, start it in Wizard mode: choose the Options button and then select Run Wizard;
- You will see Welcome to the Recuva Wizard page, choose Next;
- Open the File Type page and choose the type of data you need to recover, after select Next. If you don’t know what kind of data you are looking for, choose Other option;
- Choose the location of a search in the File Location window;
- In the Thank you window, select Start. After finishing searching process, Recuva will show you the results of search;
- Before recovering of the data, choose the Check Boxes near the file. You can see three types of colored dots. Green dot means that your chance to restore file is excellent. Orange one – chance to restore file is acceptable. And the red one shows you that it’s unlikely to happen;
- Select Recover option and choose the directory of the restored data.
How to protect PC from My Decryptor?
It’s pretty difficult task to get rid of any ransomware, including My Decryptor. But you can easily prevent any infection of your PC. HitmanPro.Alert’s CryptoGuard can help you with this problem. It’s one of the best anti-ransomware applications. No matter how sneaky it is, HitmanPro.Alert’s CryptoGuard will stop My Decryptor infiltration to your system. After detection, this program removes all the related to the ransomware data and prevents your file from being encrypted.