What is svchost.exe (netsvcs)
If your system works on Windows 10, you might face this problem. Svchost.exe is a legitimate Windows 10 host process that serves for proper Windows operation. But sometimes, this critical process could be the reason of slowing down the system performance. Many users of Windows 10 noticed a bizarre and very strange behavior a specific process named svchost.exe (netsvcs). Suddenly, it begins to use more and more memory resources without obvious reasons. On Windows 10, this often happens when your Windows 10 operating system is new, or you haven’t installed all updates yet. It is also possible that your system is infected with the virus. Therefore, you should scan your system for viruses and other malicious programs using antivirus software at first.
How to solve svchost.exe (netsvcs) high disk usage problem
We want to make it clear that this step might require advanced computer skills. The simplest way of dealing with the problem would be to use special tool. One of the best is RegCure. It is fully automated, all you need to do is to download and install RegCure. Once you’ve installed this computer optimizer, it will:
- Scan your computer for Errors and Issues. RegCure has wide range of solutions to most of the system problems, including svchost.exe (netsvcs) high disk usage problem;
- Examine the results, so that you can choose what issues RegCure need to fix;
- Fix system problems, like esvchost.exe (netsvcs) high disk usage problem;
- Remove malware;
- Optimize your PC’s memory by smart defragmenting;
- Clean your computer from unwanted processes;
- Creates restore points;
- Boost your computer’s performance and startup times.
After deep scanning of your system, FixMyPC will easily find and solve svchost.exe (netsvcs) high disk usage problem on Windows 10. Use this computer optimizer to get rid of svchost.exe (netsvcs) high disk usage problem for FREE.
How to fix svchost.exe (netsvcs) high disk usage problem manually
Method 1. Disable the process svchost.exe (netsvcs).
- Press simultaneously the combination CTRL+ALT+DEL and select Task Manager from the drop down menu.
- Do the right click on the high disk usage process svchost.exe, then choose Go to service(s).
- Here you can see the services belonging to the svchost.exe process. To figure out, which one of these services are hogging your memory resources, you should stop them one by one. Select the desired service, right click on it, and select Stop.
- Once you decided on the service, which is causing the problem, click on the Open Services button and go to Service settings.
- Find and select the problem service in Service menu. Then right click on it and select Properties.
- Scroll down the Startup Type, choose Disable, and click OK. Then restart your system.
Step 2. Clear Windows 10 event log.
Another reason of overly high disk usage in Windows 10 could be a large log files of built-in event viewer. Therefore, to fix it you should clean Windows 10 event viewer from large log files.
- Press simultaneously Windows+R key combination. Type: “eventvwr” in the input field of Run command pane and press Enter.
- Select Application under Windows Logs which is on the left side of the window. Then select Clear Log… on the left side of the window.
- Do these same operations for the Security, Setup and System log.
- Restart your computer.
Step 3. Eliminate the problem related to Windows Update service.
- Press simultaneously Windows+R key combination. Type: “services” in the search box of Run command pane and press Enter.
- Find and select Windows Update service. Right click it and select Stop.
- Go to PC > Local Disk (C:) > Windows> SoftwareDistribution. Delete SoftwareDistribution folder and reboot your PC.