XP Smart Defender Pro, Vista Smart Defender Pro and Win7 Smart Defender Pro (XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro) are the new versions of the infection that belong to fake antivirus type. Fake antivirus is a computer virus that shows different fake messages about different dangerous infections on users’ computer. You should know that there are no infections, enumerated in the message, but you have more dangerous infection that asks you to pay for its full version. XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro is just a virus that should be removed from your computer. So, if you have this infection, then you should use any available instructions that will help you to remove XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro.
The existence of tree new versions of new fake antivirus is just the evidence of the great desire of cyber criminals to earn money. Of course you should not pay any money for full versions of XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro, because no infections will be removed from your computer, but its creators will get some money that they will use to create some new versions of fake antivirus to get more users’ money.
XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro behaves itself as a real antivirus program, showing you scanning processes and scan results. The only fact that will reveal its real nature is the way how this program appeared on your computer. It was installed in your system with the help of a Trojan that you caught on any malicious websites.
If you want to remove XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro from your computer by yourselves, then you are welcome follow the removal instructions from this page or download special automatic removal tool.
How to remove XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro manually:
- Reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking. For that you should reboot your computer and begin to press F8 repeatedly before you will see the windows startup logo. If you did everything right, then you will see the screen with the menu. You should just select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Then you should end the prosses of XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro in Task Manager. You should press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC buttons simultaneously and find the process that belongs to XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro by its name. It can be like the name of the infection or random. Highlight this process and click End process button.
- Then you should remove the following files of the infection:
- Remove the following registry entries of the program:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings\net [date of installation]
- Reboot your computer. Then scan your computer for infections in order to remove XP/Vista/Win7 Smart Defender Pro from your computer once and forever.
Material provided by: Alesya Orlova