XP Antivirus Plus 2013 is a program that can be installed on your computer without your participation or knowledge. This program can be installed if your computer is infected with a Trojan. You can catch it on some infected web-pages. Trojan installs XP Antivirus Plus 2013 and you cannot notice this process. Only after the next reboot this program will show you its presence and will confirm you that your computer is full of infections that should be immediately removed. Actually the enumerated infections are not real. XP Antivirus Plus 2013 is just fake antivirus software that wants you to make it money. So, if you notice this program on your computer, then you should just remove XP Antivirus Plus 2013 as soon as possible.
There some method how to remove XP Antivirus Plus 2013: manual and automatic. Both of them are effective, but we can say that automatic method is safer because special program that was created especially to remove the unwanted program from your computer.
Be sure that XP Antivirus Plus 2013 is just a fake scanner that will show you only unreal scan results and you should not believe to it and pay any money. You can use the instructions from this page in order to remove XP Antivirus Plus 2013.
Try special tool designed by Security Stronghold LLC to remove XP Antivirus Plus 2013:
Manual Removal of XP Antivirus Plus 2013
- Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking. For that you should reboot it and begin to press F8 when it will begin to load. You should repeat the pressing because it is very important to press at the needed time. If you will see the black screen with the menu, then you did everything right and you should use the arrow keys in order to select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Then you should remove the following files:
Just navigate them and remove, using two buttons: SHIFT+DELETE.
- You should remove the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%LocalAppData%\random”
You should open Registry Editor, entering the following command in the command prompt: regedit. And then navigate the keys and remove them.
- Reboot your computer in Normal Mode and then scan your computer for infections. You should just reinstall the antivirus program if you have it, because it can be corrupted by the infections. Just reinstall it and do not forget to update. Only updated antiviruses will be able to remove infections from your computer.
Material provided by: Alesya Orlova