Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013 is one of the most wide-spread fake antivirus programs. This program like all other rogue antiviruses pretends to be the real antivirus that will help you to solve all the viral problems on your computer. But in reality its activity is viral and it is not going to save you and your computer for infections. The only thing that this program is going to do is to make you pay for its full version.
If you notice that this program installed itself on your computer, then you should remove Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013, using the instructions that will be easier for you. There is how this rogue look like:
Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013 can be installed on your computer from the suspicious websites, for example from the movie site. You can download infected video file or just get the viral executed file instead of the film. When the infection is installed on your computer, then after the next reboot it begins to perform its malicious activity. It shows fake scans and their results, reporting about the infections that are on your computer. But actually this program does not detect the malicious objects on your computer, it just deceive you. The only aim of this program is to get your money, making you pay for the full version of this malicious program. Some experts think that Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013 is able to infect the computer-victim with some other viruses, such as keyloggers, Trojans or worms. You should not believe to this program, the only right way is to remove Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013.
So, perform the following instructions in order to remove Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013:
- You should reboot your computer and when the computer will begin to start you should press F8. You should repeat the pressing until you will see the black screen with Windows Advanced Options menu.
- Then you should select Safe Mode with Networking. You can do it with the arrow keys on your keyboard and press Enter.
- You will see your desktop, but a little bit changed. So, then you should call the Command Prompt, pressing Windows + R. You should do it in order to change some Internet Explorer settings.
- Then you should type the following in the line: iexplore.exe – click OK.
- You will see Internet Explorer. So, click Tools, then select Internet Options. Then click Connections tab. Select LAN Settings.
- If there is a check-mark in the box named “Use a proxy server for your LAN“, under the Proxy Server section, then unchecked this box. If there is not a check mark located in the box then you can skip this step and move on to next step.
- Click OK and close the window.
- Then you should use Rkill program in order to remove the infection. So, press Windows + R buttons, and type iexplore.exe http://www.fixpcyourself.com/rkill.com in the line. Then press Enter.
- Save the program on your desktop. Then run it.
- After that you can use the special antivirus program – Malwarebytes software. So, call Command Prompt again. Type iexplore.exe http://www.fixpcyourself.com/mbam.exe in the line and click OK.
- Save the program on the desktop, then double click the icon and use this program in order to scan your computer for infections.
This was the easiest automatic method that will solve the problem and Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013 will be removed. But if you prefer to use manual methods, then you should use the following:
- You should end the process in the Task Manager. So, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC in order to open Task Manager. Then you should be very careful in order to find the process of this program. So, you should find the information about every process in the Task Manager on the internet. This malicious process will have the short name, containing of the three random characters. But before you will remove this process you should search for the information about this process. If this process is really malicious, then you should highlight it and click End the process.
- Remove the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Win 7 Antivirus 2013”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Vista Antivirus 2013”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “XP Antivirus 2013”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “(random).exe”
In order to remove the enumerated registry entries you should open the Registry Editor: press Win + R buttons simultaneously and then do the back up copy of the registry. In order to create the backup copy you should right-click Computer, then select Export. Only after the creation of the backup copy you can navigate and remove the entries. So, just highlight it and press Delete button. Then confirm the removal.
- After that you should remove Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013 files:
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\(random).exe
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Windows Antivirus 2013.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Windows Antivirus 2013
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Windows Antivirus 2013\Uninstall Vista Antivirus 2013.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Windows Antivirus 2013\Vista Antivirus 2013.lnk
- 4. The next step (and the last one) is to scan your computer for infections, so you should install (or reinstall) the program. Then update it and run the full scan.
You can use also special Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) Antivirus 2013 Removal Tool in order to remove Windows Antivirus 2013. One of the available removal tools you can download from this page.
Material provided by: Alesya Orlova Google