Websearch+ redirect is included into the list of the unwanted redirects because of the constant complaints of users. They claim that Websearch+ redirect changed the default settings of their browsers and make them use its search engine instead of those that the users want. The reason of all the complaints is that users visited the legal website websearch.brandthunder.com and downloaded any of the available there free browser themes, after the installation of which they noticed the redirection. The sense is that if a user installs a theme from this page, then he automatically agrees to change his browser default changes. If you do not want the redirection, then you should remove Websearch+ redirect.
User should be very careful installing any freeware, because of the surprises that can appear after that installation. Freeware usually are bundled with any other programs or browser add-ons. If you like using freeware, then you should follow every step of the installation and remove the unwanted ticks from the checkboxes.
Websearch+ redirect is not a virus, but it can annoy you with different pop-up advertisements in the moment when you visit some popular web stores or just browse the Web. If you want to remove Websearch+ redirect, then you can use the instructions from this page.
You can remove Websearch+ redirect using Removal Utility designed by Security Stronghold:
Remove Websearch+ redirect manually
Instructions to remove Websearch+ redirect from Internet Explorer:
- Open your browser, then click Tools=>Manage Add-ons. Find the unwanted Brand Thunder Theme Manager and disable it.
- Then you should select the default search engine. For that you should click Tools, then select Manage Add-ons, in the Search providers you should set the needed search engine as a default.
- You also can change the homepage of the browser, press ALT+X and click Internet Options, then enter the homepage address and click OK.
Instructions to remove Websearch+ redirect from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, then click Tools=>Extentions. Find the add-on in the list and click the trash icon near it.
- Then you should click Tools, then Settings, Set pages, remove the unwanted homepage, add your favorite one.
- In order to change the default search engine, click Manage search engines, set the favorite search engine and click Done.
Instructions to remove Websearch+ redirect from FireFox:
- You should click Tools and select Options. Then select Add-ons. Select Extentions. And disable that add-on that you want to remove.
- In order to change the homepage you should click Tools, then Options. Enter your favorite home page.
- Click the search bar in the browser, click Manage search engines. Set the engine that you want, then click OK.
Material provided by: Alesya Orlova