If you are reading this article, then all your search results are redirected to ask.com. Ask.com is not a virus, it is a website that is specified to answer users questions. This website claims that it provides users with very useful information from real people. But if this website is really useful, then why it uses some methods to force users to visit its search? Many people complain that they do not want to use search.ask.com, but their search results are redirected every time. So, I suppose that ask.com is a hijacker. So, it should be removed as hijacker. If you want to remove web search Ask redirect, then this article was written for you. You will find the effective instructions that will help you to remove Ask.com from your browser.
You can also use Spyhunter in order to get rid of web search Ask redirect:
Ask.com usually exists in a browser in the case when Ask Toolbar is installed, so the redirection is one of its services. If you did not install Ask Toolbar, then it can be installed together with any free program that you have downloaded from the web and installed not so long ago.
Ask Toolbar can be installed into any popular browser. And from the moment when it was installed, all the search requests will be redirected to search.ask.com. So, if you want to remove web search Ask redirect, then you should perform the instructions from this page or use the special Ask Toolbar remover that you can download from this page: Redirect Removal Tool.
If you want to use manual method in order to remove Ask Toolbar and its search, then here are the instructions:
Remove Ask Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Open you browser, then click Tools=> Options=> Under the Bonnet=> Privacy=> Clear browsing data.
- Click on Delete cookies and other site data.
- Type the following in the address bar of your browser: chrome://extensions/.
- Find and uninstall Ask Toolbar here.
Delete Ask Toolbar from Internet Explorer:
- Open your browser, then click Tools=> Safety=> Delete browsing history
- Then mark cookies and click Delete.
- Click Tools=> Manage add-ons=> Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted toolbar.
Instructions how to remove Ask Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open your browser, then click Tools=> Options=> Privacy=>Remove All Cookies
- Click Tools=> Add-ons
- Uninstall Ask Toolbar here.
If the manual instructions are too hard for you, then you are welcome to use special Ask Toolbar remover:
This program will help you to remove web search Ask redirect from your browser faster.
Material provided by: Alesya Orlova