What is Similar Photo Cleaner?
Similar Photo Cleaner is a Potentially Unwanted Program, that claims to boost your Mac computer’s performance by removing multiple copies of similar photos and selfies using automated settings. You should know that this application is useless, in fact Similar Photo Cleaner is doing nothing but faking the process of work. It will “find” hundreds or even thousands of duplicates in all different locations and paths on your Mac. We recommend you to refuse to buy the full version of this badware. In this article we’ll explain how to remove Similar Photo Cleaner from Mac.
The only and one purpose of such applications is to earn easy money without doing any good to you. Completely opposite, Similar Photo Cleaner may even freeze your Mac as it will generate pop-up ads, slow down your computer’s performance and display disturbing messages. Don’t trust Similar Photo Cleaner, its developers just want you to pay them for nothing, more than that, these people are notorious for their unwanted applications like Mac Auto Fixer or Mac Tonic. That’s why we advise you to remove Similar Photo Cleaner as soon as possible.
How to remove Similar Photo Cleaner from your computer?
This application is able to remove Similar Photo Cleaner with all leftovers from you Mac automatically. Simple, user-friendly and effective.
How to remove Similar Photo Cleaner manually
Step 1: Remove Similar Photo Cleaner from Applications
In order to get rid of Similar Photo Cleaner, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your Mac computer. When removing Similar Photo Cleaner, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for Similar Photo Cleaner or Similar Photo Cleaner Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove Similar Photo Cleaner from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Similar Photo Cleaner from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to Similar Photo Cleaner.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Similar Photo Cleaner.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Similar Photo Cleaner.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Similar Photo Cleaner on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Similar Photo Cleaner is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use CleanMyMac automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.