What is Shop-finditquick.com?
If the first thing you see when you open a browser is the web page with this address – Shop-finditquick.com – unfortunately, it means your computer is infected with the virus. Shop-finditquick.com is a browser hijacker that is usually distributed with a free software that average user may download on suspicious websites. This application will change your homepage to http://Shop-finditquick.com as well as spoil your browsing experience with constant pop-up ads and banners, that sometimes can lead you directly to harmful websites where you can get some more malicious applications. In this article you may learn how to remove Shop-finditquick.com from your browser and computer.
Shop-finditquick.com is also able to change shortcuts on your desktop, so that every time you try to open browser and click on its shortcut, you’ll open Shop-finditquick.com. This browser hijacker will corrupt your browsing experience, show huge amount of ads and mislead people to unsafe websites. All these problems are caused by Shop-finditquick.com, that’s why you need to remove Shop-finditquick.com as soon as possible.
How Shop-finditquick.com infects your PC?
Shop-finditquick.com browser hijacker is distributed through downloaders that are usually located on file sharing, torrent websites. You can also get this hijacker on software crack websites.
When installing something you’ve just downloaded from the internet, be very careful, check license agreement properly. Always choose Custom or Advances installation type, as it can prevent you from having browser hijacker on your computer. Make it a rule to read the terms and conditions during the installation of any program you’ve downloaded from the internet.
There are three most common ways of getting Shop-finditquick.com on your computer:
- Bundling method: this method is the most common in malware distribution. Cyber criminals put in the malware to some free software applications. The user downloads this program and install it, but the malicious program also getting into your computer.
- Don’t be careless, malware applications can be attached to spam emails.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious websites, they can infect your PC with Shop-finditquick.com.
How to remove Shop-finditquick.com from your computer?
In order to remove Shop-finditquick.com you need a proper and reliable anti-malware program. Most of PC security experts states that SpyHunter removal tool is a solid choice. This anti-malware application is able to detect and remove Shop-finditquick.com from your computer and clean up your browser. SpyHunter’s newly advanced malware detection technology is able to run an instant malware scan, which is perfect to protect your computer in case of a new malware attack.
How to remove Shop-finditquick.com manually
Step 1: Remove Shop-finditquick.com from Control Panel
In order to get rid of Shop-finditquick.com, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Shop-finditquick.com, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Select Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Shop-finditquick.com.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Select Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Find Shop-finditquick.com and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Select Search.
- After that choose Apps.
- Next Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Shop-finditquick.com, select it and choose Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, then select Settings at the top.
- Choose App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, find Shop-finditquick.com and select it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use SpyHunter free scanner in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove Shop-finditquick.com from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Shop-finditquick.com from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Shop-finditquick.com.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Shop-finditquick.com.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons option.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Next select Disable Shop-finditquick.com.
- Choose More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Removing malicious link from your browser shortcuts
Sometimes even removing of malicious program from your computer and web browser can’t help. If you are still facing unknown webpage when you open your web browser, then you might have your browser shortcut changed. It’s pretty common trick that perform most of browser hijackers. They change your browser shortcut so that every time you open it you’ll see not your homepage, but some advertisement webpage. But this issue is quite simple to fix. The instruction stated below matches most of the browsers.
- Right-click on your browser shortcut, choose Properties.
- If you see a link to some website after .exe in the Target field, read on.
- Usually you are not able to delete a link from Target field, that’s why you need to click on the Open File Location button in this window.
- Once you’ve opened file location, select chrome.exe/firefox.exe/iexplore.exe.
- Right-click on this file and choose Sent to option, then Desktop (create shortcut).
- New shortcut will have no additional redirection links.
- Delete old infected shortcut. If you got one in your taskbar, delete it from there too.
- Now you have new and clear shortcut without redirection to unknown websites.
Step 4: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser and use SpyHunter removal tool. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cogwheel in the right upper corner.
- Click Internet options.
- Got to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Put a tick near Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Click Reset button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Shop-finditquick.com and remove it on your computer. The most effective method to get rid of Shop-finditquick.com is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use any automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it.
You can also use any antivirus program in order to find and get rid of Shop-finditquick.com, because some antivirus programs have this malware in its signature base. But not every antivirus program can include a special browser hijacker remover. If you want to use special program that was created to remove browser hijacker, then you can use removal tool from this page – download button below. Thank you for your attention.