What is SearchMine.net?
SearchMine.net is a potentially unwanted program, namely, a browser hijacker. This malware arrives on the user’s computer without being noticed and without consent. After penetration, this changes the browser settings of Safari or in such cases other browsers installed on your system (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). SearchMine.net completely throws the user with advertising content, pop-ups and banners. In other words, browsing becomes unbearable. SearchMine.net sets http://searchmine.net/ as the default homepage and also changes the search engine. This is what the SearchMine.net homepage looks like.
This browser hijacker is a threat to your files, and, in essence, is completely useless and does not improve the browsing process. We strongly recommend that you use our instructions and recommendations to get rid of SearchMine.app right now.
How to remove SearchMine.net from your computer?
Download Combo Cleaner anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of ‘SearchMine.net’ hijacker automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove ‘SearchMine.net’: CleanMyMac
How to remove SearchMine.net manually
Step 1: Remove SearchMine.net from Applications
In order to get rid of SearchMine.net, the first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your Mac computer. When removing SearchMine.net, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for SearchMine.net Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove SearchMine.net from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove SearchMine.net from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to SearchMine.net.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for SearchMine.net.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select SearchMine.net.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari…
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find SearchMine.net on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of SearchMine.net is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use the automatic tool.
Written by Rami Duafi